1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Constitutional Right To God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right here in Dearborn Mi, just a small drive from Motown, is largest arab population outside Middle east, and trust me, the can worship and follow the Muslim feasts without any censoring!

But here in motown, school cannot have a Christmas show, must be a Holiday one!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Do the schools sponsor Ramadan commemorations?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks for the input - the first article gives me some food for thought.

The second article refers to a group within a school experimenting with Allah in the pledge and the principal allowing it - Allah did not replace God in the pledge for the school. (BTW, I don't think people who don't believe in God should be forced to say it by government or school policy)

The third article is about England - I'm not sure how that fits this discussion.

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The third article is about England - I'm not sure how that fits this discussion.

I really didn't think you'd make the connection but that's okay. I'm too old for all this nonsense anyway so believe what you will. allah is here and the effort is to put Jesus out to pasture.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Not too worried that any effort to put Jesus out to pasture is going to work.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Je has been pretty much put out of the public square though, as thru various SC rulings and ACLU protests have really placed God on the outside of our nation, looking in!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They allow the students to observe it if they so choose to!

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

What commemoration? They fast, they pray, they do good deeds. How would the school know they were observing Ramadan, or just being good people?

9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I work a part-time job that provides transportation for those eligible through the various welfare programs.

This one guy that I used to pick up and take home was out on parole and enrolled in a training program. Pick up time of 3:00 PM and his location way parallel with our "Western Boulevard".

When I would arrive he'd be down on his carpet dressed in the garb..., praying.

Now these boys are supposed to be facing the East when they pray three or four times a day.

I never had the heart to tell him he was facing West.

Apparently allah never heard any of his prayers which is probably why he dropped out of the program he was in and started back hanging out on the street corner.

...oh well.

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Extra - Extra - Read All About It - Extra

Here's one for your C4K. This comes from London, not America..., but rest assured the sentiment exists here. Rest assured, the threat exists!

Sir Albert Bore, Birmingham's leader, apologised for the council's handling of the scandal.

"We have previously shied away from tackling this problem out of a misguided fear of being accused of racism."

Christians lie and wives must have sex or go to hell, Trojan Horse pupils told
    Inquiry commissioned by Birmingham City Council reveals details of religious extremism in 13 schools

Children were taught that all Christians are liars and attempts were made to introduce Sharia law in classrooms as part of an alleged 'Trojan Horse' takeover plot of Birmingham schools, an inquiry has found.

The inquiry commissioned by Birmingham City Council found evidence of religious extremism in 13 schools as school governors and teachers tried to promote and enforce radical Islamic values.

Schools put up posters warning children that if they didn't pray they would "go to hell", Christmas was cancelled and girls were taught that women who refused to have sex with their husbands would be "punished" by angels "from dusk to dawn".

The report found that the extremism went unchecked because the council "disastrously" prioritised community cohesion over "doing what is right".

It concluded that there was a "determined effort" by "manipulative" governors to introduce "unacceptable" practices, "undermine" head teachers and deny students a broad and balanced education.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...x-or-go-to-hell-Trojan-Horse-pupils-told.html