No human sexuality threads?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Greektim, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greektim

Greektim
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

Can someone inform me why this is a rule for all open forums?

I want to talk about the LGBT "born that way" inconsistency for the T's, but we aren't allowed?

I'm sure it is in the history of the BB.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Some years ago there were some pretty free wheeling discussions of sexuality that devolved into some pretty racy posts. Such issues as what constitutes "youthful lust and is all such really sin or is this just the interpretation of Victorian clergy" type discussions.

It got so out of hand that a complete ban was placed on the topic. That may have been an over-reaction but as we have members of all ages and experience it is probably a good idea to keep such discussions under wraps. After all, my grandsons read the forum. The two older ones are 13 and 16. They get enough ideas on their own without reading about such things here. (Okay boys, stop reading this or I'm going to tell your mom and dad!) :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

And there is the matter of search engine web crawlers (robots) which look for key words to match to relevant advertisements. Do you really want to see the resulting ads? You qualify for the Private Men's Forum. So drop me a PM and I'll do the "paperwork."

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW
    Expand Collapse

I bet that dancing thread in the hobbies forum led to this. Frown

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

Please hook me up, too.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

Grandpa better watch out or Grandmas gonna get him!... Just kidding TC... The problem I see is this although you want to keep the sexuality discussion civil it opens the door to those on here who visit and have other intentions... There is a scripture that states God is not the author of confusion and isn't there enough of that on here to not open this can of worms?... Remember what shut the BB down the first time?... We don't need to go there again and if we need to discuss this topic we should do it in private... Is there a rule that you can't PM a member and have a private discussion Greektim?... So what say TC and Squire?... I will put in there ballpark!... Brother Glen

7. agedman

agedman
    Expand Collapse

I would consider that a HEAVILY moderated discussion of human sexuality should be allowed.

Human sexuality is a part of the Scriptures, and as such needs to be available to be discussed by believers.

If the discussion "degenerates" then the discussion should be shut down, just as other discussions have been shut down.

If the discussion exposes a member that is living and practicing a lifestyle contrary to that of Scriptures, then that person should be banned, just as folks have been banned for even lesser evils of expressing their thoughts.

Perhaps the fact given that the BB had a past problem shows that moderation and administration was lacking. Something that, from what I have been observing, has now been effectively resolved.

So, perhaps the topic should be opened up, and Scriptures used to discern problems and resolutions of human sexuality.

Many of us are ancient.
    There is a growing population of younger folks.
    They will face issues that the ancient folks may have already faced and seen resolved.

Would it not be worthy and beneficial for this most important area of a believer's life to be available to discussion?

It is so Victorian to hide it all away as shameful, or to act as though discussions of this topic are not for the public view?

HOW is the public going to actually see the Biblical standards and how those standards are to be discussed and problems resolved if such discussions cannot even exist in the open forums.

Frankly, if there were a "reaction" that prevented the discussions, it wasn't overreaction, it was the work of ungodliness achieving victory in shutting down an area of Scriptures that should be discussed in open forums in which the public can witness believer interactions. Just as they may in other areas of discussion.

One other thought, might I suggest that believers live in an ungodly world. We are attacked and even crippled by the impacts of this world and the worldly systems. The BB isn't supposed to be some utopian place in which all discussions are heavenly minded and of no earthly value.

If the believers are prevented from coming to this place and finding the ability to openly discuss issues they face, and not have to go to some "private" area in which prior approval must be attained, then the young struggling believer (or maybe not so young) that needs to vent and be presented with substantial edification is going to miss that opportunity, merely because of the "qualification" paperwork suggested in the above post.

If the BB is not here to be a help and encouragement in righteousness, what value does it have?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Use of Time

Use of Time
    Expand Collapse

I agree that it should be on the table for discussion. Nothing should be taboo if it's something we have to deal with as Christians. It just makes us look...I don't know...afraid of complicated issues?

9. Greektim

Greektim
    Expand Collapse
    Supporter

The only legit reason I have heard was for advertising issues. But the ads I see don't seem to be related to the content on the forum. Rather it relates to my search history and interests: like gun holsters and books.

10. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Gentlemen, please continue this discussion in the
    Baptist Men's Private Forum

If you don't have access let me know.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator