1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No, Jesus Wasn’t a Liar

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "quote from article" ......But I disagree with Cal’s assumption that belief in Jesus Christ’s claims of divinity excludes the possibility of followers of non-Christians religions from finding within their own traditions a participation in the same truth. Elements of goodness and truth found outside the structure of Christianity may still lead its followers in the right direction.

In other words, as a Catholic Christian, I believe the grace flowing from the redemptive act of the passion and death of Jesus Christ is capable of reaching out to all people of all places in ways we can never fully grasp. Christian belief in Jesus as the one mediator between God and man should not be understood as an eternal death sentence for the man born in a remote jungle who will never hear the name of Jesus. In God’s limitless creativity, he will always find ways to present himself as a gift to each of his beloved. It is fair to say, then, we are responsible to God in as much as God reveals himself to us....

More Here

#1 Revmitchell, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Good job I followed the link - until I did, I thought they were your own words. I must admit I was finding difficulty in imagine you as a Catholic (with a capital C)! Besides, I missed the apostrophe, and took "Cals" to mean Calvinists . :laugh:

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I once heard the late, great Dr. Adrian Rogers say that if there were any other way to come to God other than through the Lord Jesus Christ----then God's trip to Calvary was the "blunder of the Ages"

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Caotholic nutjob in the op insists that folks are redeemed through Christs work on the cross whether they believe in him or not.

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect you will find that a great majority of people will agree with this heresy. And why not? It lets them create a god in their own image.

peace to you:praying: