1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NO KJV?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This subject is certain to raise some interesting issues and hopefully new questions:

What if the KJV was never translated?

What would we be using today?

Would we have Geneva onlyist? ...Bishops Onlyists?

Would the RSV ever existed?

Just food for discussion. . . :D

2. Pete

Pete New Member

My Jedi (or some would say Sith [​IMG] ) abilities tell me that someone will answer something along the lines of "We would still be using the KJV, because God had His perfect time for His perfect..." etc etc [​IMG]

3. Glory Bound

Glory Bound New Member

I'm not KJVO, but I'd say a good response would be that the question is of no value, since God desired to produce the KJV at the time that He did. (Sorta like the past part of Pete's answer)

But, if He didn't have the KJV translated, then we'd probably be arguing over the KEV (King Edward Version) or some other monarch's AV, asking the same questions.

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I have heard it said before, and it is very appropriate here: "'If' is the biggest word in the English language." It is impossible for us to know what would have happened if the KJV was never translated. And speculation would be only that - speculation.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

During discussions, I feel that there is "no question" that has "no value". I could also ask you what if God decided not to create the moon? Would that be a question of no value? Not to a scientist who relies on the tides and other issues that the moon effects the earth.

Maybe I should have asked: "Did God have His hand in the translation of the KJV?" Obviously, you think so. I think He probably did have His hand involved in it, but for the sake of argument . . . [​IMG]

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe we should have a new American version instead of a 1611 British version. Should we name it the PBV (President Bush Version)?

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yeah, but you better decide "which" Bush deserves 400 years with his name on a Bible. [​IMG]

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I can see it now: The GBJB Only group. (G. Bush Junior Bible). Heaven knows, they'll be posting on this same thread in 2404.

Of course, it will have undergone 50 or 60 revisions. Buy several cases of the 2007 versions and lock them up for your kids. They'll be worth lots of money in 400 years. ORIGINALS.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer the "Burning Bush" version. :D

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Ziggy, you win today's prize! [​IMG]

11. stevec

stevec New Member

You can have either the JKV (John Kerry Version)--You can't set it in you lap because it flops around too much,

Or the GWBV (George W. Bush Version)--You can only hold it in your right hand.

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where's my shovel? The snow is getting deep . . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: