1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "No President has done worse by the middle class in modern times."

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you have it. Crabbies expertise on the market.

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The latter part was proven false when it took a dive at the mere mention of the end of the fed printing money. And you interjected into the conversation about signs of a strong economy. So my understanding of what you said was based on that.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it lost 4% back on June 21st when Bernanke made his comments. That's to be expected. The market has already gained that back and then some.

I said the reason why the Fed would consider halting the buy back program is because the economy was strong enough to stand without it. That's all I said. I never said we had a strong economy.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2015182&postcount=10

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only because he has decided not to.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please elaborate. The market is (mostly) a free market. Who could possibly influence it as you say?

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have already had to repeat myself to crabby over something very elementary today. I'll not do it again. I suggest you go back and reread the thread.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

InTheLight,

I assume you have noticed that Rev makes off the wall statements and then resorts to nonsense replies, like the one to you, when ask to elaborate. He cannot elaborate as he is a non-thinker who simply spouts what comes to his mind. It is obvious he has no understanding of the market on how the economy works or does not work in our country.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I've noticed is that CBT's sole purpose on this board to act as a conduit for the unhibited flow of Leftist proganda (including its perversions of the Scriptures) into this forum.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brotherly love in action I see. Whats worse than a "Non Thinker" to you guys , Perhaps a Nasty Arsed Calvinist??? :laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well he did live in Eastern Europe for a while! I hope at the very least he walked away from that with a new appreciation for cabbage roll! :smilewinkgrin::thumbs:

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their sausages are great. I am not much of a cabbage man. Oh and I never had a bad cup of coffee there. :laugh:

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was in my killfile for almost a year, mostly because of his propensity to read things he wants to see into political issues and current events and not what actually occurred. Also because he has a bad habit of putting words into my mouth or insinuating that I've said things that I did not say. For example, his desire to believe I posted that the US currently has a strong economy when I posted no such thing shows me he is up to his usual tricks.

It's ironic because we probably line up on most political issues, but yes I've noticed he has a habit of shooting from the hip, mostly one-liners that are a distillation of the sort of stuff you might hear on conservative talk radio shows. "The stock market is only going up because of the Fed printing money" is exactly this sort of glib unsophisticated comment you get from Fox News.

I let him out a day ago because I was enjoying his input on the Cal debates (I would see his posts when others would quote him). We happen to agree on much theology.

I think perhaps he has good grasp of issues but either cannot express them beyond one-liners or chooses not to do so.

#32 InTheLight, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013