1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Sound

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by TC, Sep 2, 2011.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Compaq Presario s4020wm running XP. The sound died on it a couple of week ago. I go into control panel and check the device manager. It says the sound card and drivers are all working correctly and enabled. When I go into PC Doctor to test sound, it will play sound from the internal speaker and work fine, but it will not play any other sound in the sound test. I cannot get any sound when playing cd's or any online videos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming you checked the speaker wire/connecter/power pack if there is one.

Is there a little speaker icon in the task bar? If so, click it and see if anything is turned down or muted. These settings are also available in control panel under sound I think.

If that is no help you might try updating the driver in device manager. Also you might check for help on the manufacturer website.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure why, but the sound started working normally again. I has not worked for week and then it is totally normal out of the blue. I was going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to get a new sound blaster. Now, I don't have to. :)

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had a tower couple years ago that did that about every two months, never did figure it out. Go out for a month - back a month - out a month ?????????? who knows what lurks in the inards of these beasts :)