1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No women in heaven...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Rooster, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Rooster

Rooster New Member

When I was attending Faith Baptist Church, in Riverside, the Pastor, Pastor Johnston made a statement that Women will not be in heaven, the Bible states that we will come back to rule with Christ as Kings, not as Kings and Queens, and a few other verses that made statements like that, which I do not remember, but he made a beliveable point useing scripture to back it up, he also whent on to say that women will be turned into men. My question is, is this true? has anybody else heard of this before? please remember these are not my opinions, but someone elses, and I'm wondering if there is any truth to them? or if anyone has heard of this before.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My answer is:

DUCK, ROOSTER, DUCK !! HERE COME THE POTS AND PANS !!! :D :D

3. natters

natters New Member

I've heard that before, that women will be changed into men. I then vowed never to listen to that preacher again.

The idea of 200,000,000 men running around in nothing but white linen is definitely not my idea of heaven. [​IMG]

4. NateT

NateT Member

well we could also argue since we will be the bride of the lamb that all the men will be turned into women!

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

No matter how convincing it may have sounded, right off the bat you have to know its all hogwash. Thats one of the silliest things I've heard in a long time in christianity.

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

The only valid argument one could make regarding no women in heaven is that the Scriptures say it will be silent for half an hour.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :D :D [​IMG]

Proverbs 21:19 -

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Proverbs 25:24 -

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

8. bjonson

bjonson New Member

My father in law holds this view. He uses 1 John 3:2 for support:

"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

I don't agree with him on his interpretation, but we don't discuss the issue because he is very defensive.

9. Karen

Karen Active Member

Stuff like this is why I never get bored with the BB!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Karen

10. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Rooster [​IMG] ,

I think this pastor is an off track a bit! My gosh, we all go too Heaven through our Lord Jesus Christ, no other way.

Please, if at all you see this pastor again, does he have a wife and daughters and or sons? Ask him this. So, where is your family his Family is going? Or would you want them somewhere else than Heaven!

Remember everyone Jesus Loves You!

Blessings, \o/

Kristi

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rooster said the pastor contended they would be changed into men.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sounds like something right out of the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas:
    I wonder what these Christians who think women will turn into men would think if they knew they were agreeing with the Gnostics?

God created man and woman in the Garden, and Revelation (and the Is 11 prophecy) shows us the Garden restored (with children and animals in Is 11). Our bodies will be resurrected (1 Cor 15). How can women be restored and their bodies be resurrected if they are made into men? If God created women, He will restore us. ;)

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are the BRIDE of Christ, not the groom. If anything, we will all be women!( :eek: :eek: )

This guy souns looney-tune and I would run, not walk, away from such teaching.

14. Comrade

Comrade New Member

This guy is off base and really has no scriptual backing. Kings are the supreme command. Therefore we will be the supreme ruler of whatever God wants us to be. I personally don't want to be the king of poop scooping so I'm going to labor as hard as I can for Christ.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess who else:

HankD

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: :eek: What the dickens????? Is this a joke???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Whatever!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] I can't even make a logical and pertinant comment about this because I am so much in shock!!!

Whew!! Give me a couple days. I'll be back. And I'll be quite pithy.

And by the by, I won't be throwing any pots and pans. I ain't a in-the-kitchen kind of gal! ;)

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ezekiel 14:22 Yet behold, there shall be left in it a remnant who will be brought out, both sons and daughters; surely they will come out to you, and you will see their ways and their doings. Then you will be comforted concerning the disaster that I have brought upon Jerusalem, all that I have brought upon it.

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. 29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. 30 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. 32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the Lord has said, Among the remnant whom the Lord calls.

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. 18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. 19 I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. 21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.'

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you* are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people." 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."* 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty."

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    RUCKMAN is behind this, too? Oh, my. :mad:

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is an interesting thread to say the least.

If Isaiah 4 describes the Millennial Kingdom, with Heaven to follow:

Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

Then the women will out number the men 7 to 1 !!

On the other hand if what Solomon says is true:
    Ecclesiastes 7:27-28 Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

The outlook for women looks pretty sad. :confused: :confused: [​IMG]

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist