1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Noah's Ark Found?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sk8rMom, Jan 18, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

Here is another link for those who are interested:

http://www.s8int.com/noahsark1.html

From the link:

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I have studied this a bit, and there are three or four groups who will swear to you that they knwo exactly where the ark is.
    The Ararat Mts. (Greater and Lesser Ararat) is a large area. Not only this, but the ice cap is huge as well, providing many opportunities to "see" things, as the ice is constantly moving. It is almost impossible to explore, and many have been killed exploring it. There is the case of the "Ararat Anomally" and this may be the ark, but no one can really get to it.
    If someone actually finds the ark, the whole world will know about it.

Facts on Ararat: This set of two volcanoes marks the tip of the "great Rift Valley," which stretches from southern Africa, through Madagascar, The Red Sea, the Jordan Valley and the Lebanon Valley.

The Ice cap of Ararat is the Primary source of the Euphrates River.

3. kmichael

kmichael New Member

I am ussually a sceptic about such things, but I believe Dr. Robert Cornuke found the remanants of the ark. And present day Mt. Arat in Turkey is not a viable option for its whereabouts.

Check out his site at www.baseinstitute.org

Get his book "Ark Fever." I have met Dr. Cornuke and spent time with him during a conferenceand operated his booth. This guy is the real deal. Is there a chance that the petretfied beams he discovered in Iran is not the Ark? Sure. But tie in local legend and some Biblical directioning, you will find that Dr. Cornuke is the world's leading authority on the Ark. He is a Christian and a Baptist.

After talking with Bob and reading his book I am convinced that this is as close a look as we will ever get to the Ark. I can wait till Glory to get the rest of the answers. :)

Enjoy.

K

#23 kmichael, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where's the evidence of global warming when you need it? :laugh:

Couldn't you just Google Earth it?

Rob

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

Thanks for the link kmichael. I don't know if he is right about the ark but I agree with Dr. Cornuke on the location of Mnt Sinai.

6. kmichael

kmichael New Member

Great point! I think his travels and research in this regard are most impressive. He beleives he has found THE rock Moses struck. It is a large cleft rock with evidence of ancient water flows at its base. Of course, and once again, this could simply be coincidence, but its still fun.

The point should also be made that biblical archeology should never replace the Holy Spirit in strengthening one's faith. It is not through artifacts that we know God exists. It is through His Spirit and His Word. I do believe , however, that God can and does use external evidence to break hearts, bringing them to a faith in his Word.

k

7. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I would like to meet this man and ask him a few questions. It's interesting that Dr. Lennart Moller found nearly the exact same facts and features about Sinia, but is not so much as mentioned in the website. The Exodus Caseby Dr. Lennart Moller, Scandinavian Publishing House, 87-7247-230-8

8. browes

browes New Member

One of the posts earlier mentioned Ron Wyatt's findings. I'm not saying this is the ark. I just thought everyone might want to check out what he says about the ark.

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahs-ark.htm

9. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I have studied Ron Wyatt, and this shape has been shown to be a natural rock formation (I don't have the source for this at my fingertips, but I'll see if I can get it).
    Chances are that the Ark did not even resemble a boat, though. To think that Noah built something resembling a modern boat is quite a stretch. I think I'll post a question or two alond this line in a new thread.

Ron Wyatt has made many sensational claims, but his methods do not seem to be very scientific (this does not mean none of them are true).

10. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I don't know, but to make an issue about Armenia when "Ararat" is only 20 miles from the border and even in recent times that border has fluctuated, is a little stretched.

11. Sk8rMom

Sk8rMom New Member

Great discussion! Thanks for the extra links to other research. I wholeheartedly agree that as a Christian, I do not require proof of God's existence or any Biblical occurences, but like others have said, it's fun to speculate! :thumbs:

Kathy
    <><