1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner "would love to kill"...

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

How do you know that? How do you know that they preferred to have their country invaded, their normal lives vanquished, their infrastructure devastated, their fellow citizens maimed and killed on a grand scale so they could vote for unname electors off a list? Maybe they would and maybe they had no choice. You know, it's the lack of choice part that constitutes force.

What has that got to do with us getting compensated for our effort? Wouldn't profiteering off the war remove any taint of nobility? I don't think you can have it both ways.

Excuse me, "you libs"? This is my opinion, not our opinion and I would appreciate it if you would do me the courtesy of recognising that.

Really? Which portion is that? The not-green-zone portion?

It is not just the "conflicts", what ever it is you mean by that, that makes life so difficult - it is the lack of civil order and a partisan police force that kidnaps and murders members of rival factions when it exists at all that affects daily life.

Ask the guy we helped put into power if that is a good thing? I wonder what he would say.

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Real voices from the ground in Iraq ref. Washington Post today

Mitchell I do not know if you are too busy with weddings, funerals , or visiting the elderly in your church but you might want to read the Washington Post story today on what is happening on the ground...you must be really pressed for timesince you have all that church work that needs to get done and have very little time to post and examine every little jot and title.[​IMG]
    but here it is anyway.snippet:Think of what you hate most about your job. Then think of doing what you hate most for five straight hours, every single day, sometimes twice a day, in 120-degree heat," he said. "Then ask how morale is."Frustrated? "You have no idea," he said.snippet:"It sucks. Honestly, it just feels like we're driving around waiting to get blown up. That's the most honest answer I could give you," said Spec. Tim Ivey, 28, of San Antonio, a muscular former backup fullback for Baylor University. "You lose a couple friends and it gets hard."snippet:Steffey said he wished "somebody would explain to us, 'Hey, this is what we're working for.' " With a stream of expletives, he said he could not care less "if Iraq's free" or "if they're a democracy.""The first time somebody you know dies, the first thing you ask yourself is, 'Well, what did he die for?' "snippet:"I mean, if you compare the casualty count from this war to, say, World War II, you know obviously it doesn't even compare," Fulcher said. "But World War II, the big picture was clear -- you know you're fighting because somebody was trying to take over the world, basically. This is like, what did we invade here for?"snippet:"I mean, if you compare the casualty count from this war to, say, World War II, you know obviously it doesn't even compare," Fulcher said. "But World War II, the big picture was clear -- you know you're fighting because somebody was trying to take over the world, basically. This is like, what did we invade here for?"We would like to cooperate, but sometimes those people come to attack us, and we want to defend the mosque," Khalid said. "Inside the mosque is our border. If they cross this line, we will shoot these guys."Comstock's patrol stopped at Bayaa homes and shops to conduct a "SWET assessment": checking the sewage, water and electricity services available to residents. Most said the sewage service was adequate, but the electricity functioned no more than four hours a day. Some said they had little running water and dumped their trash along the main streets. Inner neighborhood roads were blocked with slabs of concrete and the trunks of palm trees. The most repeated concern among residents was a lack of safety."I can't fix electricity or sewers all the time. We recommend projects to be done," Comstock told Muhammed Adnan, a Bayaa resident. "Patrolling your neighborhood is one thing we can do. I hope that helps.""We just receive promises around here, nothing else," Adnan, 40, told Comstock. "Three years, just promises, and promises and promises."Comstock wrote down the words: "only promises."