1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NoN-CoNf0rMatiSm

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by whetstone, Jun 28, 2005.

1. here now

here now Member

Wes,
    The NIV was no different than the way KJ said it.
    So if you accept the NIV you should accept KJ's quote.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I don't accept or use the NIV! That is why I took exception to KJ's comment. It simply does not clearly state who did the work and who must do the believing! In my opinion, the NIV is not worth the paper it's printed on!

3. OCC

OCC Guest

Wes, who does the believing? God? Please stop shouting...you would NOT want to get in a shouting match with me...trust me.

4. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi KingJames;
    This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    This is the answer of Christ to men who wanted to know how to perform the works of God.So is it the work of God that men convince others?, or are you saying that God alone does this?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

If you are going to criticize my style, then by all means KJ, provide me with all the rules of bbs etiquette, so that I don't offend you further. Otherwise, you can just deal with it. It's your problem not mine.

6. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Whetstone;
    The third option is not believing either or.
    #1 is untrue. If man has no ability then why leave him a manual for Salvation?
    #2 Is true although not quite the way Calvainism teaches it.
    #3 Is untrue.
    Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
    #4 Is untrue.
    Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
    #5 Is untrue. There is not one verse in the Bible that says Christ or the Father will persevere anyone it is left up to the individual.
    Mike

7. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Wes,

There is a difference that has not been resolved by your answers. You have said over and over, I am wrong, but you have not supported that by the Scriptures. Actually, it has been shown that where you have disagreed with me what you say does not agree with the Scriptures.

There has never been a man saved, that did not want to be saved (Ps 110:3), salvation containing all the aspects described in the Bible, and not simply missing hell. Man must be born again, and election is the efficient cause of regeneration. We are saved by the power of God.

How Men Come To Christ (Not kicking and screaming)
    http://www.bright.net/~bkrajcik/guestracks.htm#chs1

Further, there has never been a man that was saved apart from grace, and there never will be. If it is grace it is no more judicial, and if it is judicial it is no more grace. Man certainly will believe, and that granted us on behalf of Christ, for by him we believe.

There is also the matter that faith is of the operation of God that you haven’t yet resolved, believing on behalf of Christ, for by Him do you believe in God.

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello ILUVLIGHT.
    :cool:
    It is not a manuel :cool: for salvation but the channel through which God has decided to call His sheep. John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
    Php 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

One.

john.

9. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Psalms 86:2 (KJV) Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.

Psalms 121:7 (KJV) The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

10. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

I am so glad that Jesus saved me from my sins. What a glorius thing it is to be kept by the power of God.

1 Peter 1:3 (KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

11. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

1 Samuel 2:9 (KJV) He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

There is more. . .

[​IMG]

12. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Psalms 125:1 (KJV) <<A Song of degrees.>> They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

You might be glad, you'de understand had you ever heard me sing, I am singing by typing rather voice.

I shall not be, I shall not be moved. . .

than

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

14. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Bob Krajcik;
    This last verse;
    5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Kept through faith I agree we are but what happens if you loose that faith? Many have. Shall we all stand up and do the judging for Christ and say they were never really saved in the first place. My self I'm not qualified for that position.
    Christ told us all to continue in the faith.
    Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
    Joh 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
    Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Trials and tribulation tells us whether or not we have the fortitude to persevere. They also tear at our hearts and can destroy our faith. If we do not persevere we can be lost again. Hebrews says so.

May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike

15. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Mike,

There is something else to consider. Have you heard of any that went astray, and later came back? I have. Have you been there in the end, and seen what was in their heart? I have not been able to see there heart. I know the natural condition of the heart, and I know that heart is not changed when the new heart is given. That is reason for the trouble described in Romans 7:14-25.

Actually, it is not left with me if a man be saved or not, and that is something I do not intend to pretend is up to me. Certainly there are those that evidence is not shown, and I must say, if any names the name of Christ, let him depart from iniquity. But I also know, David a man after God's own heart certainly did not always walk the walk of faith. That is no excuse for sinning, not at all, but is encouragement for the one that has left his first love, to know there is a place for him, when he would come to himself, wanting to come back. If it is the first love, then it is forever, for one is kept by the power of God.

There are some that promote the notion that should a man fall in sin after they are saved, they are lost. That is not what the Bible teaches. I am not able to see in a man's heart, and I am happy at that, for if they were not saved, I would not want to know. But by a charitable judgment, I trust that one has been saved, based on evidence, and I know at times the evidence is not visible.

As many as believe are sealed with the Holy Spirit. This is not evidenced by outward manifestation but simply means Christ abides in you, the hope of glory (Romans 8:9, 11-14; Galatians 4:6; Ephesians 1:13). The believer is in Christ, and Christ is in the believer (John 15:6; 17:23; Romans 8:10-11; 1 Corinthians 1:30; Ephesians 3:17; Philippians 3:9; John 6:44, 53-56; 65). If any man have not the Spirit of Christ in them, he is none of His.

Believers are kept by the power of God and unlike at the first when by our will we choose to turn away, now we are sealed. We are told, salvation, …is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. (Romans 9:16) We love Him, because He first loved us. As it is written, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10) This is not a forced love and certainly is not an insincere love.

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio

[​IMG]

16. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Mike,

Regarding Hebrews 6:4-6; 10:26 such ones as reject Christ's atonement shall certainly perish, for there is no salvation for those.

This could be examined more. . .

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio

17. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

When one is saved, they are in a new and living way (Heb 10:20). Having been born of God, we have eternal life. Salvation is certain because one currently has faith, and not because one believed in the past. If one would no longer believe, that indicates they had never been saved. Faith is accompanied by evidence and the Holy Ghost dwelling within.

John 10:28 (KJV) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:20 (KJV) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Romans 8:9 (KJV) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:10 (KJV) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:16 (KJV) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

One can know they are saved, and knowing one is saved, there is the comfort of the Scriptures.

1 Peter 1:3 (KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio

[​IMG]

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The third option is not believing either or.
    #1 is untrue. If man has no ability then why leave him a manual for Salvation?
    #2 Is true although not quite the way Calvainism teaches it.
    #3 Is untrue.
    Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
    #4 Is untrue.
    Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
    #5 Is untrue. There is not one verse in the Bible that says Christ or the Father will persevere anyone it is left up to the individual.
    Mike
    </font>[/QUOTE]GREAT POST Mike!

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Bob Krajcik, what are you smoking?
    Psalm 110:3 "Royal dignity has been yours from the day of your birth, sacred honour from the womb, from the dawn of your youth."
    Psalm 110, A Messianic Prophesy about Jesus, the Son of God, has nothing to do with man's salvation!

If you are going to be so wrong about this verse, why should I bother with the rest of the verses you post?

20. OCC

OCC Guest

I notice that Calvinists like to use Psalms to base their doctrine on. One principle of Bible study I learned was to make note of what BOOK you are studying. Psalms is poetry...it is hardly the basis of all doctrine.