1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NON-TRINITARIANS DO NOT BELIEVE GOD

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Keith M, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

If we are to believe the foolish carnal opinions of those who deny the Trinity and the deity of Jesus Christ, then we should rewrite the Bible and leave out the first chapter of Hebrews. In this passage God the Father attests to the deity of Jesus Christ. The Father also attests to the fact that Jesus Christ is the Creator and that Jesus Christ is eternal.

Now this is a real problem passage for those who deny the deity of Jesus Christ and that Christ is the Creator. In this passage it is shown beyond doubt that God the Father testifies to these truths. These same truths are also taught in John 1 and 1 John 1.

Yet there are heretics among us who preach "another gospel." They blindly and foolishly deny the deity of Christ and that Christ is the Creator. They choose instead to follow their own carnal opinions as well as the lies and deceit of Satan. Now if God testifies to the deity of Christ, and if Christ testifies of His own deity, should we not believe them?

Now what claim is Jesus making here? He is claiming a name for Himself that God claimed for Himself when he spoke with Moses at the burning bush.

Now if Jesus was not claiming to be God, then why would He claim a name for Himself that God had claimed back in the Old Testament? The Pharisees understood this claim that Jesus was making and that is why they wanted to stone Him for blasphemy. If Jesus and God are not one and the same as many non-believers claim, then that means Jesus really did blaspheme by claiming to be God. Yet we all know Jesus did not lie, for there was no sin in Him. Non-Christians who do not believe say Jesus and God are not one and the same. They make Jesus out as a liar and a sinner. Now who should we believe today, Jesus Christ or those lost in their own carnal opinions? I choose to believe Jesus Christ.

Jesus claimed to be one with the Father. Yet there are those who foolishly deny that Father and Son are one. Now who should we believe - Jesus Christ and truth or non-believers and their carnal opinions and deceit?

2. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who deny the trinity are, in effect, saying "It doesn't make sense to me so it must not be true." Which is lifting oneself above that of God.

Why should it be so hard to grasp that we are finite, and can't understand the infinite?

That said, the trinity is perfectly logical, in that there is no contradiction once you understand the nature of "being." Humans are one person in one being, and this is all we know, for we are finite. But God is infinite, so He can be three persons in one being.

And for the historian, I have managed to locate several quotes from pre-Nicean church fathers. The first I know to mention the trinity by name was as early as 225, and it continues throughout the 200's. So the accusation that it was invented at Nicea in 325 is destroyed.

As one put it, a nice theory is met by a brutal gang of facts.

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I think it is more accurate to say NON-TRINITARIANS belive in a different god and Jesus.

If you denie the trinity you have to believe Jesus was created. Where I am from people also believe god was created. That is not the Jesus and God that I know.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

When anything about God is changed, it is no longer the bible God, but a man made god.

5. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An interesting connection that I noticed: every single group that denies the trinity also teaches some major false teaching about salvation. Every single one of them. Once you get God wrong, other major things go wrong after that.