1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nook Books ?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by shodan, Feb 29, 2012.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

I would be interested to know how many Nook users are here as compared to Kindle. And do you think a showing here would be representative of a larger Christian group? [I have neither but it seems all the 'action' is in the Kindle arena.]

And are most folks aware that you do not need either, that you can download and read books to your PC etc.?

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I use the Kindle more than the Nook although I have both apps on my iPad. I do own a Kindle but I deregistered it from my account so my daughter could use it for a textbook this semester. I only really use it when we are on our sailboat for three weeks in the summer when power is at a premium and having the long battery life is very useful.

4. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

I had a Sony Reader, and now have a Kindle Fire. I prefer the Kindle. Not only is it a reader but it takes the place of my laptop when traveling.

Yes, you can download books to your PC, but they're not portable like the Kindle/Nook et al.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wife has a Nook and uses it daily and she has a Pandigital Tablet for evening reading in bed. I have a kindle and a LePan tablet. I use kindle android on the LePan as well as Cool Reader and Nook now and then.

I tend to read on the tablet due to iffy eyes but if light is right Kindle gets its workout. Have near 1000 books on it and most are freebies from Amazon. (There is a site that lists free Amazon books daily and usually have 6-10 pages of new offerings per day. http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ )

Do not use the pc programs though I have them on my desktop.

6. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

[There are also free apps for Blackberry, iphone, etc. but don't suppose those are very handy for reading.]

Re: free books... there are, of course, a lot of public domain, classical works AND also, amazon has this program that allows an author/publisher to give away any book free for up to 5 days. It's a one time offer per quarter. But you have to list your ebook exclusively with amazon. So, guess I'll try it but had to take my book off of Nook for now, but then, had zero interest there, anyhow.

7. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

My husband and I have a Pandigital tablet, which is more like the Nook than the Kindle. It lets us download books from Barnes and Noble, like the Nook does. We like it very much.

My mom has a Kindle and loves it as well.