1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Normalized Heterosexual Fornication and Lust on TV

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Go away person who is supposed to have me on IGNORE.:wavey:

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Jesus....

I have discovered a renewed peace of mind since I learned how to use ignore. When a brother or sister live only to argue and judge you, it is a wonderful peace of mind to be able to write what I want and know that whatever they write in return is not being heard.

Ilove seeing those little notes that "So-in-so" is on ignore! I feel like singing! I feel like dancing as David danced! I only wish I had the ability to hit the "Ignore" button when my first wife was causing me so many headaches in life! :laugh:

3. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

This is the absurdness of it right here. The fight was waged. We lost. It happened during the "sexual revolution." It was already forced on us. Ever watch TV? Surf the internet? Read a magazine? Sweet francis man, you cannot watch a "G" rated family show on a kids channel with some bra/underwear commercial with mostly nude people on it. It's forced on us constantly. To say otherwise is lying.

The simple truth is, and this is proven every time there is an argument about homosexuality, even with Phil Robertson and that who stupid thing, it came down to two men kissing and having, well, guess I would get banned if I said it. So, two men doing the "hokey pokey." It makes people feel icky and men feel threatened. If it was purely lesbianism, especially lipstick lesbians, the fight would have been over years ago.

Simple truth, no one is going to hell for being gay. They are going to hell for a lack of a personal savior. Someone they tend to not stick around to hear about because "Christians" spend an inordinate amount of time trying to convince everyone that this one sin is special. It's the end all be all unforgivable sin that is going to destroy the world. Forget the rape, the murder, child molestation, torture, sex slave trade, etc., we gotta get them queers.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I will endorse this award by providing the proof of the theory behind it:

[Please keep images within a reasonable size]

#44 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Very well said and dead on point,but only to be acknowledged by a hadfull on here just as in the corporate church. A lot of Christians seem to like issues and are more concerned about being right about the issues than they are about loving folks to Christ.

It was already forced upon us as you said and IS forced upon us constantly. The ones who want us to accept the heterosexual fonication and lust don't have to take legal action because we've already rolled over and assimilated it into our lives.

But to then, very hypocritically, go after homosexual anything as though holiness suddenly means something to us while ignoring all of the heterosexual fornication and lust that is accepted by us everyday is downright,wickedly sinful. But something, once again, that an unrepentant church will not repent of because they think the behavior is okay.

Scripture tells us 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,. Matt. 24:12. The principle applies outside the Tribulation period also.

There has been a steady increase in wickedness within the church. But the folks within the church don't want to accept that the increase in wickednes in the world is a direct result of the increase of wickedness within the church.

With over 200,000 to 300,000 Protestant "Christian" churches in the United States and new churches always starting, why is the land still so dirty and corrupt?

The old church turned the world upside down. What is the church today doing?

If we want to see change, deal with the sin WITHIN the church and lovingly point the ones outside the church to Christ.

But there appears to be too much unrepentant wickedness within the church to recognize the need love people rather than convince them you're right about an issue.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, then, you go right ahead and keep pounding away at convincing us you're right about the issue of heterosexual fornication getting short shrift compared to homosexuality.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apples and oranges. Nobody was seeking special privileges and rights during the sexual revolution, nor were they trying to get you to join in their sin.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're right. They just took the special privileges and rights because the church wasn't challenging them. Now heterosexual fornication and lust is in darn near everything.

They didn't have to try to get you to join. We rolled over and accepted it. They put it forth and we assimilated it. No need to try when folks willingly just do.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just false, sophomoric, and absurd. You have to intentionally spend reality in order to hold such conclusions.

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

What offends me the most about TV is the vile language. That's why I like the old black and white shows and movies. In the 1960's, color and profanity were both added to TV shows. I don't know how many times I've started watching a movie and would got to something else when someone used the GD phrase; that's getting more and more common on the TV--including the "f" word.

I'm thinking that when my 2 year agreement with DirecTV runs out this year, I might get rid of my TV. The problem is, though, that I won't have any idea what to do with my time. I'm retired and striving to get by on a very limited income, with no car to go anywhere--even if I liked driving or traveling. TV, when I can find something fit to watch, fills in my time. I only watch TV in the evening. During the day time I play a lot of solitaire on the computer, read what little news there is that interests me, and I spend several designing and drawing house floor plans, which I will never be able to financially afford to have built; it's just a way to kill time, and I'm no good at it anyway.

Some people retire and travel and do other things to keep busy, but I have no money for travel or anything that takes money. I also suffer from severe arthritic pain that prevents me from doing much of anything other than watch TV or play on the computer.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You have to intentionally spin reality to deny that this is the impression that the church has left people with.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me help you out here this one time. Saying the opposite of everyone else is not an argument.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And thus essentially your retort is no "argument" for what I just said.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are 262 active members on BB. Surely you can find ONE that believes homosexuality is worse than murder, rape, torture, etc. Go on, find one.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2070539&postcount=87

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2070523&postcount=82

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2070521&postcount=81

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2070402&postcount=78

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fail. Those posts claim that homosexual sin is worse than any other sexual sin. I asked for examples where it was worse than murder, rape, and torture.

(BTW, I don't see any distinction between hetero sin and homosex sin, so we agree on that.)

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

OK, so here's another version of what I posted. It's applicable to this thread.

[​IMG]

The tribal wisdom of the Plains Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

“When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.”

However, in government, more advanced strategies are often employed, such as:

• Buying a stronger whip.
    • Changing riders.
    • Threatening the horse with termination.
    • Appointing a committee to study the horse.
    • Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
    • Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
    • Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.
    • Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
    • Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
    • Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse’s performance.
    • Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse’s performance.
    • Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.
    • Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
    • Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

#57 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    being Homosexual/lesbian does not cause any to go to hell, for that is due to ALL of us having been sinners, ALL fallen short of the glory of God, But we MUST NOT have a false Gospel offerred to them stating that salvation means 'accept jesus in your heart", and rhat he accepts you just as you are, so keep on living unrepentant homosexual lifestyles, as that will make them worse then before know of Jesus, as their behaviour and practices will crucify the Son of god, and render unclean his blood shed to atone for that sin!

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle paul seemed to see there being a difference between the "sexual sin degree of wrongness" though!
    Romans 1:26-27 NASB
    26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is [r]unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in [t]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

20. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

I agree. Never said otherwise. But the loudest voices do tell the world that homosexuals are going to hell because they are homosexual. Then they act shocked and shaken that homosexuals don't respond to out reach. Lets shout constantly about God's love, and gently teach them about their sin and lost condition when we get them in the door and let them know it's because we love them and want them in Heaven and not hell. Lets stop throwing stones at them.

Like my pastor said this past Sunday, "Quit acting like you are special. I saw your Thanksgiving pictures. You're all sinners just like everyone else."