1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

North Texas Drivers Stopped at Roadblock Asked for Saliva, Blood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some drivers along a busy Fort Worth street on Friday were stopped at a police roadblock and directed into a parking lot, where they were asked by federal contractors for samples of their breath, saliva and even blood.

It was part of a government research study aimed at determining the number of drunken or drug-impaired drivers.

"It just doesn't seem right that you can be forced off the road when you're not doing anything wrong," said Kim Cope, who said she was on her lunch break when she was forced to pull over at the roadblock on Beach Street in North Fort Worth.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which is spending $7.9 million on the survey over three years, said participation was "100 percent voluntary" and anonymous.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/No...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Obviously the drivers didn't feel like it was voluntary. And how many of you really trust that the tests will remain "anonymous"?

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The part about the passive testing is pretty scary.

However, I'd have thought it was pretty cool to pull over and have $50 bucks for something voluntary.

Guess I'd have had to have been there to know how it felt. If I'd been FORCED over and then found out they tested me ANYHOW with passive testing, I'd be really really ticked off and that's what it sounds like they did, which if true, is shocking in its violation of privacy.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In California

sobriety check points are common especially during the holidays. To be legal, the LEOs need to announce the general area along with the date and times.