1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Northern Arapaho to kill 2 bald eagles

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Alcott, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/53755435-80/eagles-tribe-bald-arapaho.html.csp

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has granted a permit for the Northern Arapaho of the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming to kill 2 bald eagles for religious reasons not specifically declared, except to say "We get to utilize the eagle, which we consider a messenger to the creator."

Is this "respecting an establishment of religion" by granting a permit that would not be granted to any non-'native American' body? Or would it be "prohibiting the free exercise thereof" to refuse to grant the permit?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

We came, we conquered, now we should assimilate. This pandering to American Indians needs to stop. They have their little "sovereign" areas. They don't have to abide by fishing regulations. Either we cut out a chunk of land and let them do their own thing (and truly be a sovereign nation) or we treat them like every other American. It's been over 200 years already!

3. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

Amen! I agree 100%!:thumbsup:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

So which Indian treaty has the US government kept? We just cheated them out of 90% of the value of the coal and natural gas stolen by big oil/coal.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

What's that phrase....... everyone should be treated equally..... that everyone quotes?

Yet, everywhere we look there are exceptions. And "excuses" for exceptions.

Why should I be an exception for anything because my great great grandfather had to suffer hardships that don't apply to me today?

My religious freedom, as a practicing Baptist is being curtailed everyday, either directly -- removing the 10 commandments and religious monuments -- or indirectly with the insistance that I be politically correct and tolerate (condone) sin. Yet, exceptions must be made to accomodate the practice of other beliefs while I'd get thrown into jail for doing the very same thing.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now every pagan group under the sun is going to cite religious freedom to perform their animal sacrifices.