1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not All Muslims Are Hateful

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are your estimates for both camps?

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

we have our fair share. I'm appalled at what I see online at times. But having said that, we could just say not all humans are hateful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

5. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Say what you want about BB's CTB (I've had my share of questioning some of his concepts of [Sorry FNC.] "Fair & Balanced" postings & have posted them on BB.), but, in this case, I will back CTB up.

Before you call the local law on me, let's just think about a couple things, especially if you were/are/will be, "US Baptist Born,US Baptist Bred, and when I die, I'll be Bap.....I

FWIW, I wasn't born into a Baptist home, and I suspect that some of you reading this post might not have been born in one either.

The "church" that my parents called theirs, and by default, mine was as liberal as the first day of summer is long. More than likely, they would have nodded their heads in agreement ["Amens" were taboo!] with the "minister" when he would conclude that the ONLY teaching one gets from Abraham offering up Isaac In Genesis 22 is that the LORD forbids human sacrifices! :rolleyes:

The first "minister" that I recall in "our church" left so that he could serve an even more liberal Lutheran congregation in MN.

He was replaced by an honor graduate of Harvard (MA) Divinity School!

To say that my "church" wasn't your typical IFB one, would be putting it mildly.

So, by the time I graduated from HS, I was so disgusted with that bunch of "social-clubbing hypocrites that I wanted nothing to do with any of them---even though I wasn't saved at that time.

Why am I telling you this?

Were you any more lost before you received Christ as your own personal Savior than the average Islamic person who usually only goes to his mosque because "That's just what we do"?

Did Christ only die for westerners, and certainly not those middle Eastern people?

Did you ever consider how different our society might be if some of those "proto-hell-bound Islamic sinners" were prayed for and (shudder) even witnessed to about the world's ONLY Savior (John 14:6)?

Yes, I know that we need to be somewhat circumspect when dealing with folks of another culturally
    mind set, but didn't God also have to deal with Peter before he witnessed to Cornelius in Acts 10?

Old prejudices aren't easy to be changed, but some of ours need to be changed when eternity is in the balance.

I spent months in Saudi Arabia a dozen years ago, and it's not the kind of place where one can just get up on a soapbox and yell at all passers-by that their Koran is full of (expletives deleted). OTOH, these are still people whom God created, in spite of what they may think.

We know that Jesus Christ is much more than a Savior just to "our kind"; in fact He did die for any human on this earth who will humble themselves and trust Him to save them (Acts 16:30-31)!

Instead of "hating them to hell," why not determine in your own heart to put what Paul wrote in Romans 10:9-14, and at least befriend them to the extent that maybe that Islamic fellow about which you wander might see by your attitude and conduct what Peter (that same Peter who witnessed to Cornelius) wrote in 1 Peter 3:8-18 ?

You'd be surprised what God might let you experience if you do.

I know I was.

Shalom.

Selah.