1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not Judging Others (1 Cor. 4)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Deacon, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 4:1–5 (ESV)
    This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.

2 Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy (faithful).

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.

4 For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.

5 Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

Wasn't Paul judging those that caused division and thus were not faithful or trustworthy?

Rob

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

God indeeds calls us to "judge" those involved in either heretical teaching/doctrines, sinful practices/behaviour etc

main thing about "not bibilical" judging is as the Pharisees did, to be able to see the sins of others yet be blind to your own!