1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not There Yet; and Not Where I Was When He Saved Me....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 3, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is important that you never forget to remind yourself that by the grace of God: YOU are not where you were when Christ came into your life. And while you may not have reached the place He intended for you to be [on some days]; YOU are still further down the path than YOU were just yesterday!!!

The need to remind ourselves of this awesome truth, will help to keep the devil [the liar and accuser of our faith], see that we know who holds our future, and it isn't the devil! There are going to be those times in every believer's life, when the devil works to make you question your standing on the path; by pointing out past and present failures! For this reason, I love to prayerfully remind myself and anyone in range of my voice that I still a work in progress!

I am forever grateful for the fact that I have experienced the "ified's" of Grace: Justified [just as if I never sinned]; Sanctified [ the process of learning and growing and failing/falling down, and getting back up and growing and going again]; and one day soon, I [like you] we'll all be Glorified [when He takes us by the hand through that narrow door at the end of the narrow path]!

Just don't forget that the process of Sanctification is the longest [as it runs from the time we are born-again to passing into Glory], and most cumbersome of the "ified's." Nevertheless, there is no other way [no short cuts to Sanctification] for you to get to the Narrow Gate. We must all travel by way of that Narrow Path, and Jesus told us that the path was filled with its difficulties.

Shalom :type:

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Wise words for the start of this day, this week, and the rest of my life.

:flower:

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

One way Satan get's us to take our eyes off of Christ is to look at our failures. If we constantly look at ourselves we will grow accustom to look down instead of up. The bible say's in Col 2:10 ye are complete in him. Why am i complete in him ? In 1 Cor 1:30 the scripture say's But of him (God) are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. Christ is everything to me that the law demands, He is my wisdom, He is my righteousness, He is my sanctification, and he is my redemption. What Christ did in his life as fulfilling the laws demand was put on my account. The jews being ignorant of the righteousness of God went about to establish their own righteousness and did not submitt themselves unto the righteousness of God. But thanks be unto God that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth, Rom 10:3-4. As far as my standing in Christ, the only difference in the saved that has died and me is that they are in heaven and i am still on the earth.