1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not under Law --Under Grace!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

not all sin can be confessed to God and forgiven . Suicide cannot be confessed after the fact... except from hell.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well lets see;
    1. We discussed "a sin unto death".

2. We discussed willful sin.

3. We discussed if we sin we have an advocate with God.

Kindly explain how it is moot to give the answer that we have grace with God if we do sin, when transgression of the Law (sin) is the topic. I think, you call what you don't like "moot" which is ok with me, but I say it is not moot.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Because you quoted an irrelevant verse without defining how it relates to this conversation. If it relates to this conversation then explain how. Just don't quote Scripture and leave us hanging. Explain what you are talking about. Here is what you have so far:

You have yet to explain 1John 1:8,10, which plainly teaches that:
    1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    --Your teaching teaches that Christ is a liar (unless you can explain what you are speaking about, the verses that you are posting).

You then post:
    "There is a sin unto death."
    --No explanation given.

You then post
    1John 5:18: "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not."
    --Again, no explanation is given.

If you can't reconcile these verses I will just assume from 1John 1:10 that you are calling Christ a liar. That is the teaching of the verse. Care to explain?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That too is irrelevant and a moot point.
    The only reason that a believer needs to confess his sins and find forgiveness from God is to maintain his walk with God--to remain in fellowship with him. A dead person cannot walk with God.

1John 1:9 was not written to unbelievers, neither was it written to dead people. John said If we (including himself) confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
    But he certainly was not speaking of the physically dead--those that committed suicide. That is just absurd.

All sin--past, present, and future, is put under the blood, and is forgiven once and for all at the time of salvation.
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus." His sin of suicide was forgiven in eternity past (because there is no time with God). It is covered by the blood of Jesus. There was no need of confessing it. Confession of sin has purely to do with one's walk with God, not his salvation.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Untrue for it is not my teaching but the teaching of the scriptures which are of the Lord. The explain themselves or at least I have no trouble with them.

There is a sin and there is a sin unto death. We have an advocate for one and the other the Lord said He would not even say to pray for it. Hope you understand that, if not I can go farther.

God's Holy word says that and again it explains itself. You quoted if we say we have not sinned we are a liar and I provided there are other scriptures that say something different and we have to rightly divide the word of truth of which I did say.

You for some reason like to make provocative remarks and knowing that I did not or would not call Christ a liar. I resent you even saying such a thing and you being moderator should not say such a thing to provoke a poster.

You hold us to a standard and I think you Sir should also be held to a standard.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We have an Advocate, an Intercessor, a Mediator, a High Priest, and many other titles and designations that are given to Christ. What is your point? The point is succinctly given in 1John 1:9 that God forgives the sins of a believer.

Whether or not you believe he forgives certain sins, the fact of an Advocate has nothing to do with the conversation does it. Either sins are forgiven or they are not. You claim that there is a sin unto death (which you have not defined yet). You might as well throw in there blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which Jesus said could not be forgiven. Does it make a difference if we have an Advocate or not if you believe there are certain sins that cannot be forgiven?

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then you can't quote seemingly contradictory verses without reconciling how they fit together. You just take these verses out of their context and post them. Explain their context. Tell me how one who is born again cannot sin, and at the same time if one who is born again and says that he does not sin is calling Christ a liar. This is your contradiction that you have yet to explain because you haven't explained the context of the verses that you have quoted. You obviously don't know their meanings.

#87 DHK, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, it indeed does. Have you ever gotten angry on BB and needed and advocate with God. I have and have seen many of your remarks and believe them to be in anger, but admittedly, I could be wrong. I doubt very seriously you are perfect and would think you are glad you can ask for forgiveness.

This whole thread is what is sin and what is not. Everything I have posted has been on that subject. All your remarks that it is off subject is entirely wrong. I do not believe Jesus is an advocate for all sin and you mentioned one which is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

1Jo 5:16If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Hbr 6:6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.
    (I would consider a sin unto death)

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Just goes to show you that you don't know what I posted. Again, I will tell you what scripture is. There is a sin, (we have an advocate), there is a sin unto death (Blasphemy, putting God to an open shame), we don't have an advocate.
    You know DHK, I really think you believe what I am posting, you just seem to want to be provocative. Again, I do not appreciate you saying I called Christ a liar.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How do we reconcile these two passages?

1 John 1:8-10
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

1 John 3:99 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

And what is the sin that leads to death?
    :saint:

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes it is about sin, and the forgiveness thereof. So it says we have an advocate with the Father. No one is disputing that. If you want a discussion about it, start another thread. It seems to be out of place here. What does it have to do with this thread? What is your argument? You have yet to make any point.

You have again demonstrated your ability to quote verses without any explanation. We all have the art of copy and paste.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Tell you what DHK;
    You answer Amy's post and then I will answer it.

It is your thinking that my posts are not in line with the thread. I say they are the thread.

Those scriptures have explanations you just can't decipher them.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then reconcile the verses that you have posted. Why won't you do it.
    If we say that we have no sin we make Christ a liar.
    You say that one who is born again cannot sin.
    Logically, you make Christ a liar, unless you are able to explain how these Scriptures are reconciled. Instead of just quoting them over and over again, try to explain them so it doesn't look to others like you are calling Christ a liar. The Bible doesn't contradict itself. What is it saying here?

And what is a sin unto death? You have yet to explain that also.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I really would like for you to answer Amy's post first and then I will give you the answer.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am under the impression that Amy asked you because I asked you the same question long before Amy did. You have been dodging my questions for a long time. Since I have been asking you the same question for some time now you are the one that should be answering that question, not me.
    I await your answer. I have already asked it of you many times now.

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I have no idea whatsoever why or how you would get that I posted an slander or false accusation against someone there?

do you really have to be so grouchy all the time DHK?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, I don't think Amy is asking me but if she is I don't mind but I am beginning to wonder if you can answer the question.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am waiting for an answer Mr. DHK?

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Guys, I asked because I really do want to know. I do not know how to reconcile those 2 passages. I doesn't matter to me who answers it. :)
    EDIT: Actually, you could both answer it for me. :)

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then who were you addressing as "Batman" and who was your post addressed to, and who were those words attributed to, that no one really said? Be a bit more precise so one can give an accurate answer to your post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.