1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

November - Reading 7

Discussion in 'Bible Reading Plan 2017' started by Clint Kritzer, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good afternoon –

In our reading of Ezekiel on the 7th we see one of many descriptions of the rebellious nature of Israel. The elders of Israel came to Ezekiel looking for counsel but the Lord refuses such and instead lays out the accusations against the apostate nation. The Israelis turned to idolatry, did not observe the covenant sign of the Sabbath and refused to keep the Law. Chapter 20 does also speak of the restoration that will come to Israel. This echoes God’s response to Moses’ plea on Sinai for God to preserve the Convenant made with the people in Exodus 32:11-14.

In John we read of the climax of Christ’s teachings at the Temple during the Feast of the Tabernacles. The Pharisees could not accept nor understand the words of Christ as anything but blasphemy and react by picking up stones to kill Him as prescribed in Leviticus 24:16. Christ confirmed the very first words of the Gospel of John in verse 8:58 by stating the well known autobiographical statement of God from the Burning Bush: “I am!”

The Book of 2Peter ends with an eschatological message. The writing is very similar to the Apocalyptic teachings of both Daniel and Revelation. Peter emphasizes that the seeming delay is due to God’s patience in wanting all men possible to turn to God before that time.

May God bless you

- Clint

3. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for posting this every day. I am excited to join this group activity.

I faithfully listen to Thru the Bible everyday, and I have tried to settle into a supplementary reading plan, but have had trouble settling on one. I think this one might work. I was able to paste the scripture references into Bible Analyzer and it turned the references into links and read me the scriptures. My eyes are failing and I need to listen as well as read along.

I would like to get all the kinks worked out so that I can follow a reading plan year after year. There are people that say how many years they have been on the Thru the Bible "Bible Bus. I was happy to see people saying the same thing about this reading plan.

9. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found it interesting how many times that the word pollute was used in the Ezekiel reading.