1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Now what word has been banned by a college

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is the exact type of mindset that makes us the biggest collection of self centered, thin skinned lemmings in the history of mankind.

Everyone is so sensitive (just breaks my heart), everyone's offended, everyone thinks they are the king or queen of England when they walk into a retail store to be waited on. I am suprised they do not have jobs to roll out a red carpet every time someone walks into the door.

That is why I would last about thirty minutes as a waiter. The first time someone said, "you did not fill up my drink quick enough" I would proceed to get the pitcher and dump it over their heads.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You are nothing today or less you can picture yourself as a victim. With that in mind is where we come up with these way out deals.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    UNC Chapel Hill is a very large campus in a very liberal area of North Carolina so the news does not surprise me at all. As a college teacher myself I did an unscientific survey of first and second year college students about this issue and none of them (male or female) found the term "freshman" or "freshmen" to be offensive in anyway. Let's keep in mind, however, that the policy only refers to official university documents and departments. It has nothing to do with individual students.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is wussification a word? Because that's the level political correctness is at in the U.S. if this becomes the norm.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This trend is not system wide in UNC: CLICK HERE.