1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NSA Spying Broader Than Bush Admitted

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 24, 2005.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

If so, he has a lot of company. Bush is only slightly more popular than bird flu.

Nevertheless, Ken seems quite capable of separating his personal feelings from his political beliefs.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, then a lot of people in the country share my "personal dislike" for President Bush(by the way, why don't I get credit for posting favorable posts about President Bush such as the one about him signing the umbilical cord blood bill into law?) while viewing Condi Rice favorably:

"A Pew Research survey in October found that 60 percent of respondents held either a very favorable or mostly favorable view of Rice, while 25 percent had a very or mostly unfavorable view — numbers others in the Bush administration can only envy."

- Source

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but Ken has stated quite clearly that he doesn't hate Bush. It's his policies he dislikes.

Yet he supports Rice who is in full accord with Bush policies.

The obvious conclusion is that he has a strong personal dislike for Bush, sometimes known as hate.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One can not like someone yet still love that person. Love, as we are commanded in the Bible, is not an emotion to want what is best for that person. For instance, if President Bush was walking in front of me and he fell down, I would not allow my disagreement with him on certain policy issues to stand in the way of me helping him to his feet.

I wish President Bush no ill will person to person. I do disagree with some of his policy decisions and I see no problem with me stating my disagreements on this board. Nor do I see a problem with stating my agreement with him on this board, such as his signing of the umbilical cord blood bill.

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this why Clinton was yukking it up at his funeral until he realized there was a camera on him? Instant tears. ;)

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

1. I am not aligned with any political party.

2. I don't hate George W. Bush.

3. I support the effort to remove the Taliban and Saddam Hussein, but I don't want to see us staying militarily in each country for years and years.

4. I post items where I agree with something President Bush has done such as in the News Forum the other day when he signed the bill into law concerning umbilical cord blood.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I feel your pain Ken.. I am in the same category as you. I don't hate Bush, but since I don't support him either, I am a liberal, God hating democrat according to some..

It's the narrow minded few that can't get beyond the parties and realize that you should speak and vote with your Values and not a party.

Jesus wasn't a part of any party that I know of.

Stand firm Ken, together with the Lord's help maybe we will open some minds.

Jamie
    -vote your values