1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

(NSB) New Simplified "Bible"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by preacher4truth, Jun 27, 2011.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Does anyone here use this version? I have it as a module on e-sword.

If so, are you aware that this version is linked to JW's?

James R. Madsen is its author, and there used to be links online that led to a site where he claimed to be a JW and that he had written this "Bible" version. (Once cursory glance at John 1 will tell you that it is, for those who are discriminating.) I also thought it strange a JW would even write a version, as stirct as they are, so perhaps he dis-affiliated himself with this cult.

Also, do a search on NSB and you will find several defending the stripping of the Deity of Christ, lauding this "Bible", and its many varieties.

Is anyone else aware of the dangers of this "Bible?" I would not want this in the hands of a new Christian.

If anyone has a link to James R. Madsen and his JW ties, please supply. Subtil, this version claims it is not endorsed by JW's, but its text supports their doctrine.

Thank you for any help on this.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

"The New Simplified Bible is not Trinitarian biased. It does not espouse, adopt, embrace, or promote the Trinity."

That should say enough!

But, if you need more...

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was like God"

And their notes just show the true ignorance of what the Scriptures teach and why they had no business making a translation.

#3 jbh28, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  4. preacher4truth

Thanks a lot brother Bob. I've looked at that link in the past. I am pretty certain James R. Madsen has hidden his belief system. It was out there and readily available, he noting himself a JW. Now that they are marketing this NSB, that has all but disappeared.

5. preacher4truth

Yes. And I haven't read John 10:33 yet either. Oh, nevermind, they insert the word "like" there also.

It is a JW based bible. And they are trying on some sites to justify John 1 in stripping Christ of Deity.