1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NT Right

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 8, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is obvious to many on this board that you are a scholar. Some pretend to be scholars (like WinMan) but in reality just do nothing but air their opinions and their personal crusade against Calvinism. I am an evangelist and the topics you speak of are beyond me, but I am willing to admit it and to learn.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What may be popular level to you may be graduate level to someone else. For example there are those here that said that the Francis Schaeffer book I am reading is popular level, however it is used in graduate level classes in some seminaries.

Also I appreciate your intent but the advice you gave about evangelism is from the flesh. NO one is perfect in all their views, but the essentials of the faith and the use of the LAW is what is needed to be mastered. Besides I do not regularly engage in apologetic debates as they are a way a sinner wants to avoid the conscience and go to the intellect. I do not aim for the intellect but the conscience of which the LAW is best.

#22 evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  3. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I had to read your username a second time a second time to make sure I didn't write that. Good stuff

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Please be a big enough person to not make such spurious charges against another member of this board. Winman does not in anyway claim to be a "scholar" he simply calls it like HE sees it.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I stand corrected but at least I will admit I am wrong. You never will do this.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he denies the fullierrancy of the scriptures, and he denies the traditional views on pauline justification, correct?

That calvin ans the reformers sicne that time have misreasd Paul, and he has the right way to understand him now?