1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Numbers 22: 24-26

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Apr 19, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sorry, I meant to say Numbers 6:24-26 starting with "The Lord bless you and keep you...."

This is a beautiful passage for a closing prayer. I kind of went out of the comfort zone of the congregation the other day. Usually, the closing prayer is a summary of the sermon just preached. I decided next time I was called on for the closing prayer, this is what I was going to use. Lots of people asked where I got it. I am just wondering if any of the pastors or church leaders out there have ever used this verse as a closing prayer or for any other purpose.

#1 saturneptune, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard a few Presbyterian churches use this verse as a benediction at the end of their services.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My father's pastor uses that. Less than .5% jewish...but its the thought that counts :)

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Our pastor uses that verse at the end of every morning service.