1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nursing Mothers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, it is not your right to interfear in anyone else's family.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry guys, I just can't see how a woman can be sinning if she's sitting in church, covered by a blanket, making no noise and showing no skin, while her baby nurses under the blanket. Exactly where is the sin here? Those of you wanting scripture, where is your scriptural proof for sin in this case?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ann,
    Here is a solution to the whole problem. Women that are breast feeding should braid their nose hairs and let them hang down about a foot and a half. Then, when the gazing eyes look around, those lustful thoughts will quickly depart. As Ricky Ricardo use to say as he slapped his hand to his forehead, "Aye, yi, yi, where do these people come from?" You know, some people are really knowledgeable about the Old Testement and totally lack common sense.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

At least she's being silent. hehehe

I say we make it fair and all just run around clothed.

But since some people nurse, please be nice to men and women (gotta be politically correct) who find nursing babies a turn on.
    Use the nursery to help keep them from sin. I think it's silly but hey, if that's their issue than let's oblige them. It's not too difficult to go where they aren't. As long as their kids aren't in the nursery cuz they probably wouldn't want their kids to see that either.

So go in the bathroom. But then a female struggling with overcoming wrong thoughts might come in and be tempted. So no there either.

You could go in your car, but what about people coming in late and leaving early?

Okay, just stay home.

Jerome said Matthew Henry said so in a commentary and that's good enough for me.

Dunno what's wrong with all y'all. Maybe you haven't had your zucchini today and can't think straight.

What a shame.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is the first thought that comes to my mind. This is a forum of supposedly mature Christians. Some of them making a living from being Christian leaders. If they are so spiritually weak (now get this, with the Holy Spirit indwelling them for years), what business do they have leading others? It is really not much of a temptation to dismiss. If your eyes see a glimpse of the situation, you turn your head back around and dismiss the thought. End of story. It is not worthy of a federal case. Now, it there starts being poll dances at the altar, then you have a problem.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Maybe if a man has a problem with a nursing woman perhaps he is the one who needs to go into an isolated room. After all, it's probably not just the one or two nursing women who are causing him to lust. A lot of women, of average or good looks, no matter how they are dressed will cause him problems. In reality this kind of man is sick and needs a lot of help and mothers going to another room to breast feed are not going to do anything solve his serious sin problem. Here's a good place for him to start. www.settingcaptivesfree.com

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, "before bottles"[?] women didn't even cover themselves with a blanket:

8. mandym

mandym New Member

My wife wouldn't do it in the sanctuary and doesn't understand the push for it.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

There is no way on earth that I would allow such a thing.
    We have a nursery for that sort of thing.
    My wife mothers five children. She breast fed all five without the slightest urge to do it in the sanctuary.

So what, that was your wife's choice. Is her choice a mandate for all the other women in the church to follow?

10. mandym

mandym New Member

I did not find that in his post.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Seems as if he is using his wife as an example as to how all the other women should act. Just because that was his wife's choice doesn't necessarily make it a necessity for other women.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

There is most likely going to be differing views on this subject.

13. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

You do not have the right to say something within the fellowship of the Church?

I wish I knew what was going on here. Throw up a single issue of perceived woman's rights and everybody forgets the Scriptures.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

I am not aware of any right to breastfeed in public.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is actually a legal right in all 50 states of the United States and most other countries.

16. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Nor am I aware of any Biblical mandate to prevent it.

17. mandym

mandym New Member

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You had to check, huh? Yep - we're coming to understand breastfeeding our children is important and a protected right.

20. sag38

sag38 Active Member

These laws, for the most part, it seems, allow a women to breatfeed in public. Some folks need to get a life if they can't handle a woman breastfeeding her baby. Good grief!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.