1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NY City begins teen Pregnacy prevention program

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw something on the news last week about four billboards that showed the consqunces of being pregnant at an early age. The ACLU is in adither about the billboards. I say that I ike the billboards. They might just make some girls think before they act.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If they really want truth in advertising, they'd tell 'em to push out a puppy and they'll get free government money.

That was what I was advised to do as a teen, from an adult who pushed out her last "puppy" so she could afford cable television.

I've seen parents encourage kids to have kids to increase the amount of welfare brought into the home.

I don't see how it would make it harder for a kid to graduate. If anything, low income kids get better chances than kids that are right above the poverty line. Kids above the poverty line have to pay for tests and such that would give them an edge up, while those on government lunches get those things for free or at least very reduced cost and thus get an advantage over the kids of blue collar working class parents.

Just because a kid doesn't have a fancy cell phone and name brand clothes doesn't mean they're at a disadvantage and I'm pretty sick of society claiming that as a truth.

It's usually the richest kids I see causing the most trouble. It's just not validated as much because the parents buy their way out of it or have donated enough to whatever that nobody wants to do anything about it.

Advertise THAT and see what happens. :tongue3: