1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama’s Top Economic Adviser Conceded ‘Considerable Uncertainty’ About Stimulus Jobs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The largest selling point to President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus bill is the claim that it will create or save at least 3 million jobs. But the source for that number is a report produced by Obama’s top economic adviser during the transition period in early January, which repeatedly stated that the jobs estimate carried “considerable uncertainty.”

More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I thought it was all hypothetical and based on theory. I don't think anyone will hold him to an exact number. The main thing is we need stop loosing 500K jobs per month.

3. targus

targus New Member

Right, the main thing is to create jobs.

So why don't these clowns quit with all the pet project - pie in the sky - pork spending and write a bill which will create the most jobs at the least cost to all of us?

Because that is not what they are about. They are about securing power by rewarding the campaign contributors that pur them in power so they could extract exactly this kind of repayment and they are about buying off the sheeple who don't understand that the government can never give anything that wasn't already yours before they took it to "redistribute" it to further their own selfish ends.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The spending is what will stimulate the economy. I forget who but one Rep. Sen was using the computers for the state department as an example of waste. What he doesn't realize is someone will have to build all those computers, buy OS and other applications, someone else install the computers and they'll probably upgrade the LAN to 1G. I know it's a drop in the bucket but we have to start somewhere...

5. targus

targus New Member

If spending of money by the government that it doesn't have will stimulate the economy and it's only a drop in the bucket why not a "stimulus package" of ten trillion or fifty trillion or a hundred trillion?

Let's really get the economy going.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I know you're being sarcastic but there are a lot of economist who feel this package is too small. The purpose of a stimulus is to get the eagle shifting and you do that be spending.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Who are these economists?

http://wire.factcheck.org/2009/02/03/will-the-stimulus-work/

#7 Revmitchell, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  8. targus

targus New Member

Well, then why not a hundred trillion?