1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: A Hidden Agenda?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Consider this for a moment. Perhaps the fact that both views are using a one-dimensional continuum causes the confusion. I got to thinking about this and came up with the following. It is not from any textbook, just ole MP noodling things around.

[​IMG]

When laid out on a two-dimensional matrix, we see that in one dimension, Fascism and Communism are indeed on the same end of the spectrum. Yet on another, they are on opposite ends. Any given society can have elements of any of these, and fall somewhere in the matrix. Most will not be at any extreme.

Just a thought.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

There are many ways to slice and dice it. I strongly suspect there are additional dimensions that could be added; that two is likely not enough. One dimensional models have a major weakness, in that they really gauge only two conditions. That is not the real world.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Getting back to the OP after the interesting discussion on political philosophy!

What is most troubling to me about Obama is his attitude toward Islam. Bringing the five terrorists to New York for trial may be simply a means of putting the CIA, President Bush, and vice-President Cheney on trial. Trying these men in a civilian court gives them a platform with which to denounce and vilify the United States possibly for years. That in itself would be grounds for impeachment. That being said I wonder if he has a hidden agenda that if known would reveal his true nature, perhaps his real religion.