1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: An Angry, Mean-Spirited Man?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 14, 2009.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've watched Obama speak, and each speech was underlined by one thing: When he was questioned, or heckled, he welled up with anger, and if looks could kill, those who challenged his ideals would have been dead on the spot.:tear:

I believe that Obama is unable to hide his feelings as well as many of those Presidents who came before him, and it is the anger that he carries on his shoulders that will do him in in the end.

The man has NO use for anyone that does not fall down and worship him on the spot for his fine points of "change!" In fact, when his plans to change this nation's direction in life is not well received, there is this anger that one can sense emanating from within his soul. An anger that is not professional, nor, God-fearing, or forgiving to wards the person, or persons that speak their piece of mind.

Rep. Joe Wilson, was no more out-of-place to yell: "You lie!" than the Dem's had the right to shout down Bush with loud "Boos."

I have a real concern about Obama, a concern that transcends the civility of this nations hallowed halls. Obama is way too immature to be in this office, and it appears that time spent [so far] is not helping to mellow him out!

As Christians we need to seriously pray for this president like we've never prayed for a POTUS in the past. He needs to be surrounded with a hedge of prayer that will allow him to be more receptive of criticism, because criticism is part of his job description!!!

Shalom, and Peace to my Brothers and Sisters on this board, regardless of whom you support in public office.:type:

Pastor Paul
    Author: Prodigal Daze,
    and Thorn Daze

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Paul, you sure read a lot into it, and as you could guess, I believe you are totally off base and seeing what you are looking for. IMO, President Obama is the most reasoned and intelligent person we have had in that office in a very long time. I believe the healthcare reform will be his lasting legacy of greatness. I think he has had to compromise to get any consensus, but some reform is better than none (e.g. outlaw pre-existing conditions). It is still my belief that a single-payer, government-mandated universal coverage is the best way to go. If healthcare is a privilege, then only the privileged will have healthcare.

So bottom line, our President has only been in office 8 months. I would give him a B+ rating, but believe he has to tackle the greater problem of rampant unemployment and the greater economy as job one.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct. Obama is bitter, I suspect against blacks as well as whites. I have said this on more than one occasion. His wife is just bitter.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The healthcare reform Obama wants will never pass via a vote. And if they push it through via procedure only it will start the biggest uproar this country has seen a a long time. Obama will implode and show his true colors before the end of his one and only term.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MP sez:
    I rarely agree with MP, and this is no exception; the only difference is that I disagree more strongly than usual this time!:smilewinkgrin:

6. Magnetic Poles

Variety is the spice of life, eh? At least we are civil about it. :applause:

7. billwald

billwald New Member

If IP is correct then Obama would fit in nicely on this list.

8. OldRegular

Actually all Obama has done is run around the country polishing his oratorical skills. Soon he may be weaned from the tele prompter. It is comical to see the media and leftists praise the intelligence of this person. Just what has he done to demonstrate that intelligence. He did not even know the number of states in the union!

9. Magnetic Poles

Let me guess....because he is from Kenya? :rolleyes:

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me what president does not, in these days, use a teleprompter when they give a speech?

11. PeterM

PeterM Member

CTB is correct in his observation that most Presidents have used a teleprompter when giving formal speeches. Mr. Obama is no doubt one of the most literate (able to read) presidents we have ever had.

That said, my issue is not in his ability to use the teleprompter. Rather it is his inability to function without it. Frankly, GWB was an aweful public speaker, with or without the TP. Biden is about on par with GWB n that respect, but the media fails to point out that glaring flaw with the same relish they did with the former president. Obama has proven time and time again that he is as prone to error and misspeak as another other politician when without the use of "helps."

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Fails"Does not do the truth justice. Absolutely refuses to is more correct.

13. OldRegular

When I say that all Obama has done is run around the country polishing his oratorical skills that is a fact. He has averaged more than one public speaking appearance each day, far more than any other president. To see how busy a president is, who is on the job, read the Reagan Dairies.

#13 OldRegular, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is wrong with giving speeches? I thought you wanted a transparent government where you would know what was going on....right?

15. Magnetic Poles

Wasn't "The Great Communicator" a moniker used with pride by Reagan supporters? But now, the ability to communicate is denigrated. I guess just another result of having to muddle through Bushisms for 8 long years.

16. OldRegular

Just because he is still in campaign mode does not mean transparency. Even you should know that. I said earlier the so-called transparent government of Obama is opaque. No one knows what is going on in this administration, even Obama.

17. targus

targus New Member

What does giving speeches have to do with transparency?

Especially when his speeches are so disingenuous.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who denigrated it?

19. OldRegular

Sport! Reagan did something besides give speeches. He brought down the Soviet Union, gave us the longest period of prosperity in history, and gave us a defense missile system for starters.

All BHO has done is fly around the country giving speeches, and that's a fact Jack!

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Wrong he has done much much more. He has deteriorated the situation in Afghanistan to a severe degree, he has spent more than any President in History with less means than we have ever had, he has given the most unpresidential speeches ever seen and rather than be President he has simply remained in campaign mode.