1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama and Family "LEAVE" for Yet Another Vacation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Aug 24, 2009.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I'm a critic of Obama, but I think this thread is ridiculous. This is the hardest, most demanding job on the planet. Just look at Bush after 8 years in office. The man works all the time with a huge weight on his shoulders. So he takes some time off. I would too.

There are plenty of things to criticize Obama about, this isn't one of them.

2. alatide

alatide New Member

It is secure but its generally been thought of as a place where Presidents go to take some time away from Washington to relax. Oh, Bush's ranch was secure as well.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

The machine shop I work at gives you one week after six months of service. I admit this the only shop I have worked at that did this, but they do.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've worked at about 8 different professional places in my adult career. All except two give 1 week after 6 months, and 1 addl weeks after a year. One company had you accrue starting on day one (3 weeks a year for the first year), allowing you to start using it after your probationary period of 3 months. Another company gives 1 week after 6 months, and an additional 2 weeks after the first year (for a total of 3 weeks per year).

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's Been MISSING IN ACTION Since January 23, 2009

The guy is a gold-bricking, useless excuse for a POTUS. He seldom worked as a State Senator and US Senator, so I guess I shouldn;t be surprized to see him going all around the world on taxpayer money to speak, and then take in the sights.

Sorry, Obama is going to be the worst of the worst when this whole thing is done and over with.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

There's no way he can ever be as bad as GW Bush, the worst president in history.

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Please give me permision to copy this reply to show to my friends. They need a laugh too. "Worst POTUS", LOL, you kill me! My side hurts from laughing at you so hard! The only way you can think that the present president is better than the previous ones is that you want the U.S. to go down-hill as fast as we can. I tell you what. Let's all, from this moment on, keep whatever money, services, and goods each individual produces. Let's see how your president keeps this country running without taking them by force. Keep it coming....you crack me up!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ranch in Crawford is owned by Bush. Camp David is a government installation. The level of full time security is not even close.

#28 carpro, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
  9. alatide

alatide New Member

It's difficult to go down hill from the bottom which is where that alcoholic GW Bush left us.

10. targus

targus New Member

You are aware that Obama has admitted to drug use are you not?

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Alcoholic President Bush? I understand he didn't drink.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

How many of those were weekends, which don't count as vacations? Probably a lot. On most years, there are 52 weekends of two days, which means 104 days plus the long weekends.

So your numbers are simply misleading.

Besides, presidents don't really get days off. I have no problem with Obama taking this vacation. The cynical side says that at least he is not in Washington making things worse. We need a break after seven months.

But I seriously don't have a problem with it. No one should.

13. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, it is. It does to show just how bad Obama is. He managed to do it.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

For those of you scoring at home, this is JustChristian version 3.0's off-topic Bush-bash #4,927.

Oops...#4,928.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

Look...I think Obama's a terrible president so far.

But come on...there's real stuff to be critical of.

Let's be honest: President's don't get real "vacations." They are always burdened with the running of the country.

Like I said...let's pick substantive stuff.

16. alatide

alatide New Member

He is an alcoholic in remission.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You understand corrrectly. GW Bush overcame his drinking problem long before becoming POTUS. I'm currently dealing with a sister in law who turned to drinking after her husband died. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is for an alcoholic to triumph over it. Whether GW Bush was a great POTUS or a terrible one, the fact that he triumphed over his drinking problem should be commended.
    No, he's an alcoholic in recovery. An alcoholic is an alcoholic his/her entire life. Once s/he becomes sober, s/he is a recovering alcoholic, and spends his/her entire life recovering.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

JustChristian, I am yet again amazed at the intensity of your hatred of GWB.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Been following this thread

Personally-----I find no problem with the President takin' a "few days" off now and then

Mercy----if I were President---I'd be over at Camp David every time I had a chance-------just wondering----not much is said about exactly WHAT there IS to do at Camp David------I mean---you'd figure---its a Presidential retreat center---but what is there to do?? Fishing?? Kayaking?? Shuffleboard?? Is there a room full of board games???---Like Monopoly or Apples to Apples

Skeet range??? If I were President--and there wasn't a skeet range---by golly---I'd get somebody to put one in!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs: I'd shoot skeet with Dick Chaney----I'll be the one with the Floricient Orange vest on:laugh:

Just wondering what is offered there!!!!

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Or you can watch the guards to see how secure this Naval installation is...