1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama and Wife Show the Wimp Side?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 20, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love it. Obama and his wife can attack Bush and put him down for his 8 years of Presidential decisions. But, if someone goes after Michelle, Barrack "baby" goes on the warpath!

Someone needs to inform the Obama's that "all is fair in love and war" when it comes to politics. Her husband is in the mix, and there will be insults hurled at both of them, and if they can't take it, just wait until they occupy the White House. Cindy McCain has tried to remain in the shadows of her husband, but, there have been unkind remarks about her, and I haven't heard John go on the warpath...

Hey, here's a newsflash for Barrack: "Every pundit, comedian, and shock jock will make Obama and Michelle the punch line of their daily jokes."

The only way to avoid this, is to not run for President. Michelle could avoid some of the daily comedic fodder by staying in the deepest shadows of her husband.

It ain't right, involving the wife and children of the candidate and elected officials, but, it is a reflection of the sick, angry society we live in today. Barrack and Michelle need to know that it will probably take Michael Moore about 12 months, or less, to do a movie on their first 100 days as President and First Lady.

Maybe the Obama's need to be more like Hefty Trash bags. They aren't: "Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy!"

God Bless the USA...

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

The last I checked, Michelle wasn't running for office. Obama went after the POTUS on actual issues, and the opposition is going after his wife.

That is something I never understood about the GOP: they are so eager to go after someone's wife. It was even done to McCain back in SC during the 2000 election. Then they did it to Joe Wilson's wife. They went after Kerry's wife. Now it's Mrs. Obama.

I really don't understand this - even when I was active in Republican
    politics. Hmmmm....

How would you react if they were going after your wife? And with respect to your comment about "all's fair," exactly when did you succumb to moral relativism? Moreover, where does the moral relativism end? What would be construed as taking it too far?

Regards,
    BiR

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he doesn't want anyone to comment on his wife then she doesn't need to be on the stump with him speaking out. So long as she speaks her words are open to criticism.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

If he cries and whines now, what will he do if he's president.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay...I Get it. You Back Barrack

I didn't succumb to "moral relativism" brother. I was simply quoting a fact of life as it applies to politics. I'm simply being a realist in a real world. Michelle was right when she said this was a nation she was not proud of. I'm not proud of it either, and I'm assuming you aren't happy with the direction of this race.

IMHO, I think politics are nothing more than a mud slinging fiasco, and it seems that BOTH sides do mud slinging, not just the GOP. As to your question about MR and when it "ends" or "how far does it go?" Well, I don't have an answer. I think what is happening right now is way beyond the moral limits, but, we both know, before we vote in November, things will get uglier, and with BHO being black and JMac being 72, both sides will hurl things that should show society how low people will go to get that coveted prize we call the White House!

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Has the Makings of a Night Time Soap

This could be an interesting 4 years. I can't wait, because I think he will either take us one step closer to the return of Christ, or, at least fall flat on his nose and scrape his knees. If he messes up this nation, Michael Moore will crucify him on film, as will all of Hollywood; something I'd love to see. All those pompous stars eating crow because their hand picked leader proved he didn't have the "right stuff" to be President.

7. Cutter

Cutter New Member

At what costs to the rest of us? :tear:

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sounds interesting, but it doesn't just cost him, it costs all of us. With some of the things he's said, it could be the most costly presidency we've had.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is the DARK unknown

You are both right on. His mistakes will cost this country dearly, and only because a lot of young, college aged youth wanted change.

10. Baptist in Richmond

That is indeed moral relativism, and we as Christians should neither reaffirm it nor should we support it. You wrote that you are quoting a "fact of life," and that may or may not be the case. It most certainly is with Republicans though, isn't it? Most people in this forum affiliate themselves with the GOP, and they should simply refuse to accept this. The only way to bring about change is to demand it.

You are correct.

Out of curiousity, why whould you refer to him as BHO? I am continually amazed by the inclusion of his middle name. You didn't do the same with McCain - he is referred to as JMac - why didn't you refer to his middle name? That is an honest question, by the way.

Regards,
    BiR

11. Baptist in Richmond

Schadenfreude........

Again, regards,
    BiR