1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama announces tentative deal to extend Bush tax cuts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Dec 6, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Paul, had Obama done what you wanted, that would guarantee a Republican president in 2012--and probably a Republican Senate. I would've expected the House to go filibuster-proof for the elephants.

Your "solution" would have sent the stock market into a prolific tailspin. Investors would no longer be dealing with uncertainty...they could be sure they would lose money in 2011. Everyone would be circling the wagons and hunkering down.

Ironically, the behavior you are criticizing Obama for is probably the only thing that gave him a fighting chance to be re-elected. IMHO the hard-line position you wanted him to take would have torpedoed his re-election chances.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They estimate at least a Trillion.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you now personally attacking a fellow Christian Brother....I believe a Pastor also?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it a personal attack to call someone a liberal, especially when they are?

You can call me a conservative anytime. I wear it proudly. :thumbs:

Liberals, for some reason, like to hide what they are and sometimes even call themselves something else. ie: "progressive"

BTW Paul is not a pastor and as far as poloitcs is concerned, it wouldn't matter if he was. He's been hiding his true political nature long enough.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Serfs......Wow what a clearly negative & judgmental statement....you should be ashamed of yourself. Did Obama not just guarantee another 2 years of lower taxes for all? Everyone should be making hay while the sun still shines....providing there are jobs aplenty for everyone. I know for a fact that our beloved Wall Street Banksters are pleased & dancing all the way back to Greenwich Ct with their ill gotten gains (2010 Performance Bonuses) so they get to keep more money instead of plowing it back into the country. Well done Obama!

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free country dude.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

BTW, I tried playing Blackjack with union cards. Pretty difficult.

Sure...but keep in mind, that instead of your name, it lists your SSN, your racial background, including all hyphenated-Americen backgrounds. It will list your s_xual orientation (provided you're not one of those terrible, evil "straight people").

White Protestant...who cares? You don't have rights, anyway. But are you a transgendered, left-handed, handicapped Eskimo with Oppositional Defiance Disorder? Well then...I cannot begin to tell you how imporantt thiat information is. I mean--do you realize how much of a victim you are? Do you realize how helpless you are without Uncle coming to your rescue?

Basically, a progressive ID tells everyone what groups you belong to--because let's face it: who you are as an individual is of no consequence--it's what groups you belong to that matter. And it's especially important for "us" to know what "protected" groups you belong to. It will list how many times you've saved the planet by electively helping to avoid the scourge of overcrowding. It will list the MPG on the car you own (and if it's under 20 MPG, it will suggest to the reader some appropriate physical punishments to administer to someone as blatantly irresponsible as yourself. It even will tell us how many Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs you own.

Finally, the "progressive ID" will assign you a "rebellion quotient." Do you lean toward making decisions based on what's best for yourself and your family? Or do you understand what you've been told all this time--that government knows best--and that if you'll just do as your told, things will go so much more smoothly. After all...we're just trying to keep you safe. And it's for the children. Not to mention, if you have nothing to hide, then why are you worried?

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

Congressional Republicans did. Obama had no choice.

10. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I'm not a pastor. I'm a political science student and I work in a call center. Trust me- I would make a terrible minister.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off subject - but maybe not :thumbs:

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a proud member of the NY Conservative Party. In fact, I am town chairman and thus a member of the county executive committee

Carp - dittos on progressive

pro·gres·sive

[​IMG][pruh-gres-iv]
    –adjective 1. favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, esp. in political matters: a progressive mayor.

2. making progress toward better conditions;

I love to see change when it can improve our lifestyle, thus I am a progressive - but I ain't no liberal (well maybe 3.29%)