1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama attacks Christianity

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I wonder where your head is that you would say Obama is more dangerous than Hitler. That statement is utterly stupid.

I wonder if those that lost loved one's in concentration camps would agree with your assessment?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Purely technically, the President is correct--terrible deeds were done in the name of Christ in the Crusades and the Inquisition(s).

BUT THAT WAS 800 YEARS AGO!!

More terrible things are being done right now, this instant, in the name of Mohammed. And in this instant. And now. And now.

He missed a great opportunity to say something like:

"Christians realized many, many generations ago that abusing others in the name of Christ is contrary to the teaching of Jesus. It's time for Muslims to come to a similar realization that their religion does not call for the terrible things they are doing to people in the name of Mohammed."
    [or something similar]

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And your mindless meanderings prove the authority of Scripture!

4. OldRegular

Live and learn!

5. matt wade

What am I supposed to learn about? Possibilities and maybes? Let me know when you have something that is already happened.

6. OldRegular

Live and learn!

7. OldRegular

You prove I was correct in my remark about the location of your head.

8. matt wade

Typical...you're unable to provide facts or evidence, so you attack me instead.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should this have been part of the president's speech?

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Probably because he remembers how folks who called themselves "Christians" carried out the atrocities of the 20th century. Maybe he remembers the 60s and the era of Jim Crow. Maybe he remembers apartheid in South Africa. Maybe he remembers Westboro Baptist Church. Maybe he remembers the priest abuse scandals of the Catholic Church.

Perhaps he's gotten onto Baptist Board and seen what Southern Baptists say about him all in the name of Christ?

I don't believe that President Obama is a follower of Christ because everything that I've seen seems to point to a disdain for the way of Christ. Of course the same could be said for some people on this board.

Bottom line is that he was correct. A lot of things have been done in the "name of Christ" that didn't have anything to do with Christ. But that same dynamic is present in every religious faith.

I think his words should be a wake up call for the church that's filled with all these hateful people claiming to be doing things in the name of Christ.

Doing things in the name of Christ doesn't generate the type of bitterness and anger and vitriol that's coming out of the 21st century church over politics.

Perhaps he didn't say many generations ago, because the same sort of wrongs are being perpetrated today? He knows it and we certainly know it unless we are willfully ignoring Scripture.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Matthew 7:21-23

AS there were evildoers declaring such in the name of Christ before, they are also plentifully present in the current age.

#50 Zaac, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the problem is that it really does call for the some of the awful things they do. :tonofbricks:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think we have very short-termed memories in the United States. We're complaining about ISIL, and rightfully so, but let's not act as though the KKK wasn't lynching and burning up black people not too long ago in this country with little kids and women standing in watch. It happened.

And those same KKK members were running around burning crosses in people's yards. Lots of KKK members identify as Christian.

13. OldRegular

And the KKK was denounced by Christians and eventually eliminated. Islam is essentially silent about the terrorism! Apparently the Koran does call for the slaughter of infidels!

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam was founded on war. That is the difference.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you're saying the actions of the KKK are condoned in the Christian Bible just as the murder of "infidels" by muslims is sanctioned in the quran. Right. Got it.

16. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

17. matt wade

Or you could actually read/listen to the speech Obama gave and know that he did call ISIS out and he wasn't focusing on Christians as a whole, but those that have done evil deeds in the name of Christianity (and other religions).

You could actually pay attention to the facts of the matter, instead you listen to talking heads that only give you half the story.

In fact, more time/words in his speech were given to condemning those that act in the name of Islam than talking about the evil deeds done under the guise of Christianity. But you go ahead and listen to the talking heads and follow like a good little sheep.

18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

By a false "Prophet".

19. OldRegular

Obamma was simply showing his contempt for America and the people who elected him twice. He was rubbing their nose in IT! I believe Franklin Graham got it right!

20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Scripture does not pull punches about those who have contempt for the righteous! Philippians 1:28 and in nothing frightened by the adversaries, which is for them a proof of destruction, but to you of salvation, and that from God.

#60 Jedi Knight, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015