1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Blasts Pending Arizona Immigration Law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't you proud that we treat others like we would like to be treated rather than abuse them?

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nice try Mag. Should I assume you hate christians because of your liberal stance?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For people with common sense it is not racist to not want to cater to multiple languages. It is only presented that way by the liberal left who want open borders but have no way to justify it except make illegitimate accusations of racism.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You can pat yourself on the back and feel proud if you want. But government programs should operate by logic and reason, not by pity and abetedness.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Isn't white guilt such an amazing yet destructive phenomenon?

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jew in 1942 is living under a system that hates him and is dedicated to eradicating his race.
    The Latino in Arizona could be a no good, evil person from across the border whose intentions is to mock a system that protects its citizenry and to break its laws.
    The Jew is being asked for his identification papers as a matter of policy regardless of his conduct and reputation.
    The Latino is being asked for identification because according to the judgment of the law enforcers, who by the way are the first to get the lead if it comes to it, he could be a potential threat to Arizonian society.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt very seriously MP needed that explained.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Excellent post. This is one of those that should be e-mailed to everyone.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really a serious issue like this and you want to throw a comment like that out?There are serious constitutional issues with this law that need clarification and explanation. If it can pass those surely on the way legal challenges, then have at it Arizona.

But I think it bares noting that if it does pass it will force New Mexico, California and Texas to do something to deal with the people that will be fleeing Arizona to one of these neighboring states.

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, if you would rather live in North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Venezuela or Cuba, it's your choice. I like it here in the U.S myself.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Believe ENGLISH is Still the Official Language of the USA

If this nation has truly declared that English is our official language, than the government needs to step up to the plate, and enforce that by not printing language explicit forms and applications... the printing of millions of dollars of language explicit forms and applications, in Spanish, Chinese, Thai, Viet Namese, Pacific Islander, etc. seems to be a waste to the average taxpayer.

As a former state government worker, I saw no problem with providing our agencies forms in the applicants native tongue. What I did not agree with was allowing these folks to operate child, adult, and elderly service programs to clients who spoke only English, while the service operators still spoke only their native tongue, and knew no, or, very little English.

I can't tell you how many times, the inability to communicate with clients in their native tongue resulted in disaster. I'm talking SIDS, elderly abuse, errors in distribution of medicine, accidental death, and the list goes on. This was because my agency, and the powers that be, saw the need to license an applicant, who spoke very little, or, no English which was evident if they were to properly and safely provide care for clients of all tongues. As a Licensing Unit Supervisor, I pushed for those applicants who spoke poor, or, no English to be licensed to care only for clients from their native tongue. Of course, my superiors chose not to place my exception on that specific license, and there were always complaints, and serious problems. :tear:

My superiors felt that to include an exception of a license for native tongue only was not politically correct. We couldn't even require the operator to hire staff that spoke English. Again, it was not politically correct. :tear:

To say that #11 is racist, does not reflect a true understanding of what racism is. It is time that certain BB members quit tossing the "race card" into the ring when they have no other recourse, or intelligent comeback to the poster and the truth in their post.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Good thing we have no official language...and never should.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then the US should go to International Road signs
    The link only shows some of the signs. When I took the test in Germany for a USAEUR license, there were 50 signs on the test - you only had to get 40 right! Of course, you had to pass the written test first -and recieve a 90% of a 100 question test.

Would you agree?

#33 Salty, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, just post signs, as well as print documents, in every known language in the world. Maybe, through our resources, technology, and freedoms, we have been constructing a new kind of Babel. Having many different languages should put an end to all this.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

That's not the point. Other countries prosecute illegal intruders, and there is nothing wrong with that.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I wonder what our Canadian friends think about having two official languages?

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: This business of calling a law breaker an "undocumented alien" is a bunch of hogwash

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The idea that wanting our borders monitored and protected and to prosecute those who cross it illegally is born out of racism is a strawman because the reality of the matter is hard to overcome without one.

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't know, but my Canadian friends wouldn't trade their health care system for ours.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist