1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Blasts Pending Arizona Immigration Law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Good articles that show the hyped claims of socialized medicine are false.

I highlighted one sentence in red because it reminded me of what a lady from Poland told me about socialized medicine in her country. She said in Poland doctors are paid a salary, and get the same money whether they treat 2 patients a day or 20. As they have to pay for many supplies and insurance themselves, it is to their great advantage to see as few patients as possible.

The reason doctors work so hard here is because the more patients they see, the more money they make. Good ol capitalism.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Not Entirely True...

... I was the pastor of a mobile home park/Snowbird Church for 6 years - 1998 to
    2004 - and I'd have to say that the greater majority of the elderly Canadians who came down to California every winter, came to get some medical care through their American insurance carriers, and American doctors. These people had money, and that was evident in their carrying two insurance policies...:flower:

There were people who came for hip replacements; heart surgery and procedures; and minor things like podiatry, skin cancer procedures, etc.

I asked them why they came all that way to spend 6 or 7 months recuperating from medical procedures, and the answer was always the same: They were on waiting list in Canada, and in America they could get the surgery, or procedure, within the time frame they had when they came south.

That doesn't speak well for the Canadian Insurance system... but, that is what I observed from my association with Canadian Snowbirds, who attended this park church.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type: