1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Bows to the Russian Bear, Putin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

This right-wing hysteria is just more rhetoric. No matter what President Obama does, they will complain.

We need to find common ground with Russia, not confrontation like the conservatives here want. It seem they have never seen a war they didn't like, unless of course it is pursued by President Obama.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

As long as the thread is now about parental wisdom . . .

MY OLD MAN had a different saying, "If you are so smart how come you are not rich?"

First, I am not rich. I found a "briar patch" that paid the bills and stayed at the bottom of it just as My Old Man did.

But second, it applies to some people on this list. If you are not as rich as you want to be . . . what is holding you back? All you gots to do is to work harder, smarter, or longer.

Boggles my mind how many "if only" people are out there. "If only the govt would get out of my way . . . ." "If only I didn't have to pay taxes . . . ."

All the people who became rich in the last 50 years did so under the same rules that I have lived under. We lived through the best times and in best place that the world has ever seen. Anyone who is a loser here and now would be a loser any time, any place.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is about the most retarded thing I have ever heard, seen or read.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of Rev's reply, there is truth in your statement. If you want to win at a game, say football, you learn what the rules are, you look at your strengths and weaknesses as well as the same of your opponents and you develop a strategy to win.

If money is you goal you learn the 'rules of the game' and develop a strategy to maximize you returns. Sitting around saying, "Woe is me, the government charges me taxes" or "a person like me stands no chance" insures that you do not have a chance.

My guess is that when I was young I was as poor or poorer than anyone on this board. I am comfortable now and do not worry about money. How did that come about? Hard work? Reading, learning, and developing a winning strategy. Anyone here can do the same, especially if you are young. If I were as poor now as I was when I was young I could not do this as there is not enough time. It is a slow, long, steady process with ups and downs. It is not a quick overnight get rich scheme. These almost never work.

But this has nothing to do with the topic of this tread. But some of the principles apply, especially developing a strategy and looking forward long-term.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What is your problem, besides being a liberal apologist?

6. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Sure. OK.
    You are a communist. You are the enemy of these United states. Your kind should be rooted out of the world and not be allowed to teach our children, not be in our universities, and should not be in our government.
    You should, in my opinion, go the way of the Do-Do, and not interfere with the freedoms and wishes of men and women who want nothing more than to live their lives as they wish, without government interference.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmm, so you want to do away with my freedoms. Oh well .................

Actually I am not a Communist. I am a Christian who takes Christ's teaching on how we should treat others very seriously.

8. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Wanna bet? I'll also bet donuts to dollars that you are well funded.
    And as for your 'rags to riches', when did you decide that other people's money was the governments? If you make so much money now, why don't you give all of your excess to the government?
    I'll just ask a simple question, do you own a home?

9. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Do away with your freedoms? Such is a nonsequitur to my post.
    If you take Christs' teachings very seriously, then quit coveting what others have and quit trying to sponsor the governments attempts to take away what they have earned.

10. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Really? You could have fooled every freedom loving American who reads this site. Including the foriegn people reading this site. But I really don't think you have fooled anyone.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See some want to feign righteous indignation about opposition to government programs and refer to Christ when it is convenient but when they oppose programs they claim separation of church and state and Baptist distinctives. Very hypocritical and very pharisitical.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe in a dictatorship of the people.
    I do not believe in any dictatorship
    I do not believe in the government owning everything.
    I do not believe in the government spying on everyone.
    I do not believe in a government that starts pre-emptive wars.

I do believe in governing by the will of the people.
    I do believe in capitalism limited from such that industry does not become the dictator.
    I believe in a government that helps people.
    I believe in a government that goes to war only as a last resort.
    I believe in a government that tries to find areas of mutual interest with other governments and thus maintain peaceful relations with them.

Now what are your beliefs?

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

I have to disagree with you Rev. :godisgood:It's not righteous indignation when some want to control you. It's the same c%*p that the commies give to make sure that you comply with what they want. :thumbs:

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice I said "feign righteous indignation"

15. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

In short, I believe that you are a communistic, rabble-rousing troll who should not be here. Is that 'concise' enough for you?

16. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Oops!:laugh:

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Libbies try to act as if communism has not changed at all. But when I post their website no rebuttal is ever given.

18. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

They can't.
    Cambodia, Viet-Nam, Europe, Nepal, etc. When can one give a re-buttle when the communistic government has murdered people?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My belief is that you failed American History in high school.