1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama called Bush "UNPATRIOTIC"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mandym, Apr 10, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMy2M32g4k

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Unpatriotic is the wrong word. Both Bush and Obama are/were terrible Presidents.

3. targus

targus New Member

You forgot to bash Romney. :laugh:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Romney will be a terrible President before he was. LOL If you are a Calvinist, look at it this way. Romney was elected before the foundation of the world to lose, will have limited votes due to his total depravity, and run an irresistable race.

#4 saturneptune, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I once heard that it was an unwritten rule that presidents don't criticize their predecessors. It is a matter of courtesy and etiquette.

I thought it was tacky that BO showed disdain for Geo. Bush when he took office. I think it is a sign of the impotency of his tenure as well as an indication of his personal character that three plus years later, he continues to do so.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are correct. Bush made it quite clear before leaving office he was not going to criticize Obama, and he has held to that. Cheney did plenty of it, but I would not call him Mr. Gracious in the first place.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Obama's (as President) criticism of his predecessor is unprecedented, at least in my lifetime.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only possible exception to that was some of Ford's statemets about Nixon, but they were well deserved. Ford was a man of high character.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agree about Ford's character. As to his criticism, Nixon was an anomaly because of his resignation; and because of the reason, I don't think it was necessarily unwarranted. Ford needed to rebuild the reputation of the Office.