1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama carries Indian monkey god around

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Marcia, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Several weeks ago, I was telling someone how part of the consequences of being in the New Age for so long is that certain things will come into my head from that time period. At one point, the word "Hanuman" just popped into my head and repeated over and over, like a song. This happens from time to time. Hanuman is the name of a popular monkey god in India. I try to use such times to reflect on my past and how gracious God is to have delivered me from it and given me eternal life through Christ.

The reason this is kind of strange is that I read in today's Wash Post that Obama carries around a "tiny figurine" of Hanuman! This is an odd thing for an avowed Christian to do. Why carry it around? I think some people in India may think it's good luck or protection, but a Christian has no business believing in luck, much less carrying around the figure of a Hindu god!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/12/AR2008111201655.html

Still, many Indians said they were not worried about the no-call incident. It was Indian astrologers who first predicted victory for Obama, they said, and Obama boosted his popularity among Indians when he mentioned the Gandhi poster hanging in his office and the tiny figurine of Hanuman, the Indian monkey god, that he carries. ____End excerpt
    (emphasis added)

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Nary a peep so far on this from Obama supporters who say Obama is a Christian.

I'm sincerely curious as to what you Obama people have to say. You were here in spades before the election. Where have you gone to? Maybe I should have posted this on the Politics forum?

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am asking the Mods to please close this thread. I've posted it in the Politics forum where I think it belongs. Thanks.

Please go to Politics if you want to comment on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.