1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama, Circa 1990s: 'I Don't Believe People Should Be Able to Own Guns'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During the 2008 presidential campaign, gun rights author and scholar John Lott recounted meeting Barack Obama for the first time while he was a lecturer at University of Chicago.

When the two met, Lott's reputation on guns preceded him, and Lott claims Obama said, "I don't believe people should be able to own guns."

Read that again, and let it soak in; Barack Obama reportedly said, "I don't think people should be able to own guns." In my correspondence with Lott, he stood by his story.

And there's little reason to doubt Lott's account, especially when you take Obama's history of anti-gun legislation into account.

Consider these examples:

1. In a 1998 questionnaire for the Illinois state legislature, Obama said he wanted to "ban the sale or transfer of all sorts of semi-automatic weapons."

2. From 1998-2001 Obama was on the board of the Joyce Foundation, the "major funder for gun-control research" at that time.

3. Obama opposes concealed carry and always has (every state but Illinois disagrees with him).

4. Obama only sees two "legitimate" purposes for guns: "hunting and target shooting." This means using guns for self defense is not legitimate. And this goes a long way in explaining Obama's past support of laws banning the use of guns for self-defense in Illinois, even in one's own home.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Don-t-Believe-People-Should-Be-Able-Own-Guns

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say

In the same year-----1998---when O is claimed to have said what he said------

Here's the limb I'm going out on

I bet-----just a hunch here-----but I bet---at the same time he made those statements-----he was carrying "Heat" either in his boot---or under his pants belt---with the muzzle pointed toward his skinny little Glutuos Maximus!!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Makes me wonder what the Po-Po would find if they subjected "O" right at this very minute to a "Pat Down"???----I mean, forget the Secret Service agents surrounding him with their "Uzzies" for a minute----with his Secret Service standing around----watching----the New Orleans Police Department(name your PD here) officer has "O" with his hands against the top of the patrol car---feet spread----------just like on the show "COPS"------"Gonna pat you down here!! Is there anything in your pockets we need to know about before we pat you down?? Is there anything you're carrying we need to know about before we pat you down??"------wonder what they'd find??????

Just wondering!!!

I would just about "bet the farm" that in spite of the Secret Service that surrounds him------he's got "Heat" on 'im!!!

#2 blackbird, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013