1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama does not want Americans to choose to stay home and take care of their children

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nah - just a practical one and one that I've seen lived out in many lives. Our church seems to be blessed with single moms right now so it's pretty up close and personal.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A fantastic ministry that I am well aware of Salty. Just understand that it isn't a comprehensive support system for all single mothers.

This whole discussion is over a bump in funding to preschools. I find it very odd that this is some horrible thing or some huge insult to stay at home parents. It is truly baffling how this is seen as an attack on the Christian family. It is obvious that if you have the means to take care of your kids without daycare then that is the preferred option. It is the option that I would like to have but I don't think that acknowledging that some hard working people out there fall into a situation where this isn't feasible is worth consideration.

#62 Use of Time, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I did read his entire speech and frankly the context doesn't change what he is saying. He said that he (speaking on behalf of all America) doesn't want women to stay home with their children. That is very clear. No matter how Liberals spin it he made it clear that he looks down on women that choose to stay home with their children (so much for being with the party choice and pro-women :BangHead: )

I have seen single mothers brought up time and time again but you know what I was raised by a single mom and we never took a dime from the government. Yes my mom worked obviously but we never looked for the government to solve any of our problems. As Reagan said Government is not the solution, Government is the problem. Its as true today as when he said that.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is what this thread is about.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No he didn't say that or even come close. You read the whole thing and then chose to paraphrase. Wonder why. You'll never hear him say I don't want women to be stay at home moms. It just isn't there. Protecting the jobs of working mothers who can't afford health care is not a bad thing as much you want to spin it. Again, what worked for you doesn't work for everyone. People seem to think that policy should be dictated by anecdotal success stories.

#65 Use of Time, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Even just that snippet in the OP is clear. Obama is OK with women leaving jobs to take care of children. Per the quote in the OP, he doesn't want the women who choose to do so to then have to come back to lower paying jobs because they gave up their career.

Worst case scenario is that he is saying women shouldn't have to lose out on their career to stay home if they don't want to.

You don't have to twist his words to mean what he doesn't. He says enough stupid things on his own.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. Maybe hearing it from someone else will help. Who knows.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No, as normal the lock steppers will ignore the voice of reason from a forum member that they have respect for. They will continue to act as if Sapper Woody never spoke, or they will simply disappear from this thread.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all about the election,

He's playing the female card. Poorly, I might add. It's all part of the campaign strategy and his solution , as always, is to throw our money at it.

When he starts paying his female staff members what the men make, we all, especially women, should pay attention.

Right now, he's just buying votes.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This doesn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.