1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Edges the US Closer to Doomsday??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 17, 2009.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Who is going with you to read the titles? I doubt RD is into picture books.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My pet cat has more of a sense of liberty and freedom than your pathetic posts indicate you will ever have.

3. alatide

alatide New Member

My golden has more smarts in one paw than all of your despicable cats.

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Hehhehe... I have to agree with alatide for once. :)

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love cats and dogs both. Currently, we have eight dogs and I had a cat for 13 years from 1981-94. :)

6. alatide

alatide New Member

certainly there has always been corruption. A good government needs to be able to deal with it. Don't you agree? When do you think it started?

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Are You Trying to Say?

If anyone can do it, why haven't you?....from what I seen so far, this is your "ONLY" source of public attention, and most of it appears to be liable, slanderous, picky, and hateful! And, I doubt if any of the above named publishing avenues would give your written rants a second look!

Pastor Paul :type:

#27 righteousdude2, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  8. donnA

donnA Active Member

unless you know his real name, how do you know if his books are in your local bookstore or not.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You have no idea what I have done. However, claiming to be a "published author" when you refer "books" you have sent to vanity printers is like an honorary degree recipient calling himself "Dr."

My writing has actually been published in a number of periodicals and reported on network radio. So I will put my body of public work against yours any day. I just hope you had someone correct your spelling and grammar mistakes before you went to print.

Here's a clue...published authors get paid to write books; they never have to pay to have them printed. There is always someone who will print something if you are paying them.

#29 Magnetic Poles, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You do not have the moral authority to tell anyone they do or do not "think so little" of the USA.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I was thinking of writing a poetry book. Here is my first poem.

Your teeth are like stars,
    That come out at night.

Do you think you can help get me a publisher?

Seriously, I have no doubt from your posts that it is well within your ability to write a good book on several subjects.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you didn't mean not to pray Donna.

I'm just thinking of others. It's difficult when we can't speak face to face.
    Sometimes things come across in a way we don't realize.

Throughout the Scripture we are instructed not just to know His will but to pray that the will of God be done (and then to do it) so that we can be active participants in His sovereign will.

Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.​

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

HankD

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy for You

As the Word says, "rejoice with your brother when he has something to rejoice about." I am happy for your accomplishments.

I'd like to add that, I too, have been published in periodicals, magazines, medical journals, State of California EEO-AC projects and reports, with the Department of Justice [you may have heard of those guys], and at least 12 Who's Who Periodicals.

And, for your information, I have made substantial money on my so-called vanity books, which have been published nationally, as well as internationally, and remain in the top ten on several on-line books stores.

My books have been sold in college book stores, local Borders and Barnes and Nobles, to name a few.

Finally, the answer to your question is: "yes!" My publisher did edit my writing errors. Because, unlike you, I am not perfect, and never pretended to be. I am however human, and prone to making errors and mistakes. How about you? Or, should I presume that you are as perfect in your literary work as you are in your ability to hand out advice and pass judgment on your brothers and sister on this board?

However, enough about me, brother. I want you to be assured that I am ]deep down] spiritually joyful for your numerous accomplishments, however minuscule they may be in the eyes of others in the field of literary professionals. I am quite sure that your contributions to society have been a blessing to those who have read them. It thrills my soul to be sharing on-line with a fellow author, thus you can count on my prayers for your continued success in writting...:thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

#33 righteousdude2, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
  14. billwald

billwald New Member

Give us a list of your books. I might want to buy one.

15. alatide

alatide New Member

Just think back to George Bush's response when he was told on 9/11. He did nothing. Instead of springing into action to meet the demands of the crisis he went back to listening to a story about a pet goat. Nothing that Obama has done indicates he would be so completely clueless as Bush was at the critical time.

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Wise Man Does Not React Without......

A wise man does not react without first getting ALL of the facts. I'm sure Bush did follow protocol in this event. I believe that it took a tremendous amount of personal resolve to not send a few hundred cruise missiles into the Arab countries. It was wise for Bush to take the time to be advised by those whom the surrounded himself with.

Don't forget, the security of the POTUS was the first thing that mattered, and the Secret Service, according to their job description, rushed to keep Bush secure, so the country would have its leadership in place to lead this nation forward in hours, days, weeks, months and years following the initial attack.

I have not qualms with Bush for taking the time he took to respond to our country...my only gripe with ALL of our Presidents is that they take forever to "invade" the enemy. And in taking so much time to plan and build up that they give the enemy too much time to prepare for our initial response/attack. That was the case in Iraq. Saddam had ample time to take down, pack and move all of his country's WMD's. This was the case with papa Bush in Kuwait, with Clinton in Europe, and Bush Jr. in Iraq.

Pastor Paul:type:

17. alatide

alatide New Member

The president was in a known unsafe location. There are actually rumors of an assassination attempt the night before. Cheney was immediately whisked away to a secure bunker while Bush stayed out in the open without real protection. That school could easily have been taken out by a hand launched missile.

When he finally went to the airport there was no fighter protection for Air Force 1. Now, tell me how you would like the current president to act in another crisis. Do nothing? I think I know what your reaction to that would be.

#37 alatide, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
  18. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Well, then sweet-heart, I never want to hear about you complaining about what happened later. From this post, it is obvious that you have no idea what happened after this event.
    "He did nothing."
    Quit watching MTV, stop listening to whatever liberal radio (if you can find one) that you are listening to, and come into the real world, where there are bad people who want to kill us all.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obaha at the UN Brings Us Closer to Doomsday

President Obaha is actually not only praise by Castro and Qaddafi, I read in today's paper that Hugo Chavez praised Obaha, and prayed that the bullets that brought down JFK stay away from Obama. :smilewinkgrin:

Our POTUS is making friends everywhere but in this country. At least Bush tried to make everyone "hate" him equally. Obama is more traitor than patriot with the friends he keeps, but, that is similar to those he held dear to his heart during, and before the election. Oh, well! At least he's consistent?:sleep:

RD2:type:

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is a inconsistancy I noticed lately. Obama is starting to think maybe Iran is not our buddy since this second nuclear plant was revealed. At the same time, he warms up to Chavez, who has promised to help Iran find nuclear material. This guy is like a rudderless ship.

I did not particularly like Bush's Iraq policy, but it was consistant. Outside of Iraq, at least he stood firm against thugs like North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba.

Obama thinks between his magic wand and the UN, he is going to solve all the world problems. He is not. In the inner chambers of these types of countries, he has to be the laughing stock of the day.