1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Forgot to Provide Dental CAre in the HCR...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 31, 2010.

?
  1. Yes...

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No...

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... I don't want to be the one that reminds Obama that he left out a major Entitlement in this new health care reform package, but, he did forget to provide everyone with "Dental Care", and maybe Optical Insurance, too!

Do you think congress should amend the bill to reflect this entitlement to provide for every American? After all, we don't want to be like the Brits, and be accused of having bad teeth.

Now, if you're a Brit, please don;t take offense with my comment. I'm only kidding around about the teeth of the English. Here in America, for whatever reason, the teeth of Brits are the butt of jokes from nearly every comedian.

Now, back on topic... do you think Congress should amend the HCR to provide Dental and Optical Insurance???

Please take my quick poll before you leave this post.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

how many people suffer and die from bad teeth, or have eye diseases that can be cured, or treated to prevert loss of sight. You would have though it would have been included. Why not he now controls everything else health care.
    I've never heard a single joke about the teeth of the british.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....

I just thought that it was an interesting oversight that Congress didn't include Dental and Optical. You're very correct in the point that people get sick and die because of dental problems.

I think that they should make it all three, or, nothing at all.

As for the Brits and their teeth, a lot of comedians make jokes about the poor dental care the Brits have. I've never seen it, but, it's always a good joke for Jay Leno, David Letterman, and the likes of others.

If you know this, donnA, I'm sure you'll notice it the next time you listen to a comedian and they make a funny at the cost of the British teeth.

Have a great day!:thumbsup:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

actually, I don't really do comedy, rarley do I even watch a comedy movie, I guess I just don't find it entertaiing or something.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ausralia and New Zealand do not include dentistry or optical as a mandated option. There are free services but you enjoy enormous waiting lists.

The opticians here in New Zealand charged criminal sums for specs....it is actually cheaper to fly over the ditch to Australia..have a holiday and buy several eyeglasses and go home.... dentists have a license to print money:1_grouphug:

I have always understood healthcare is for the well off in America, and blow the rest...so it seems a better deal if there is healthcare for all rather for an exclusive elite...it won't work of course, it doesn't anywhere else but hey it is probably politically correct if nothing else....

#5 Melanie, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

anyone can optain healthcare, my daughter in laws mother has gone to 2 specialsits and 3 hospitals, and is recieving chemo and will start radiation next week, and has no insurance. But they're treating her anyway. It is not better if we are over taxed to the point we can not afford to live in order to supply health care to people who refuse to get a job. It is not better if christian's tax money pays to murder children. Having the governement rule over my health care instead of my doctor is not better.