1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Goes Easy on Shoe Bomber

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Aug 1, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

LeBuick, you really must start reading with more care.

The sentence from my post which you are attributing to me was from the OP.

You should have been tipped off by my use of quotation marks - " "

What is the point in your participating here if you are unable or unwilling to read with some minimal level of care?

2. targus

targus New Member

My but wasn't this a funny turn of events.

The OP talks about "special administrative measures" and the concern about communications between the prisioner and others as they relate to terrorist activities.

Crabby chimes in and tell us that "he isn't going anywhere" and that his expertise is superior to others here on the board in this regard.

I point out that the concern is not about whether this prisioner is "going anywhere" but about communications with this prisoner.

And now I am the one who is being demanded to do research and get my facts...

This is just too rich.

Is this the latest technique from the left?

Demand reams of facts and proofs from others every time that the left is questioned?

Even when there is no particular line of arguement under discussion.

I stand by my orignial statement.

The concern is not about this prisioner "going anywhere" it is about communications between a terrorist and others.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This used to be one of rightie's tactics whenever Bush/neocon policy was questioned. When the reams of facts were then posted they were promptly ignored and/or ridiculed as leftie's "propaganda".

Looks to me as if leftie is just plagerizing from rightie's playbook. I imagine if ever another rightie or one who pretends to be a rightie ever takes office the roles will be reversed once again with rightie demanding a mountain of "proof" just so he can ignore it. If we (rightie and leftie) were really doing our research none of us would even consider siding with the criminals in either party.

#23 poncho, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

could say the samething for obama, he just can't help it, he's a freind to muslims, after all he did declare this a muslim country, with the approval and support of christians.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I wish someone would show me the quote where President Obama said, "America is a Muslim country." Plain and simple.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barak Obama

Even that claim by the zero is totally idiotic.

Just counting Muslims, America has the 48TH largest Muslim population in the world.

Like so many of his claims, this one is ludicrous as well.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I wish someone would show me the quote where President Obama said, "America is a Muslim country." Plain and simple.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are 195 countries in the world. So 48th is up there pretty high ... 147 countries have fewer Moslems.

http://geography.about.com/od/countryinformation/a/capitals.htm

9. targus

targus New Member

#30 targus, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Close, but no cigar (I doubt you smoke anyway). I know about the quote you are referring to, but where has President Obama made the statement: "America is a Muslim country." If he didn't say these words, the accusation that he did would not be the truth, would it?

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note ... he said "number of Muslim Americans. That is quite different from saying that America is a Muslim country.

There are 6,452,030 Jewish Americans, does that make us a Jewish nation. I don't think so.

The number comes from: http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a

There seems to be no agreement on how many Muslim Americans there are:

12. targus

targus New Member

Please stay on topic.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

To keep an eye on you... :thumbs: