1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081115/ap_on_el_pr/obama_threats

2. targus

targus New Member

I don't think that this is Obama specific so much as it is a general coursing of public discourse.

People feel more free to express anti-social feelings if they can remain anonymous.

The internet allows people the opportunity to vent their negative feelings and frustrations anonymously. And in the case of chat rooms, boards and blogs, it also allows for instant gratification in the form of agreement from others or the opportunity to argue about it and to inflict those negative feelings on supporters of the counter position.

Politics on the internet is the next generation of dungeons and dragons.

3. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

An entire article without a shred of evidence to back up the headline. Typical liberal media.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The new liberal talking points is now about how racist America is. They need something new to feed their superiority.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

A couple of years ago someone produced a movie dramatizing the assassination of President Bush (“Death of a President"). It won the International Critics' Prize at the Toronto Film Festival that year.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I see many facts stated throughout the article. I posted a recent story regarding the Secret Service indicating threats against Obama rose after Palin's "palling around with terrorist" comment.

Having said that, I think this is the same as the hanging Palin that was in CA. I would somehow thought the Christians here would be equally outraged.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I will tell you what. When you find a dummy of Obama being hanged somewhere let us know. We will get outraged. Until then all we have is vague unsubstantiated information that tries to paint things in a racist way. And since the latest and greatest liberal talking points these days is how racist America is while Obama is President we need more info than liberal talking points.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5927324&page=1

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2008/11/13/20081113obama-sign1113-ON.html

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=17738

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79437

OK Rev. show us your outrage.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

First this is the first post I have seen anyone make where This was donein reference to Obama. Second, it appears to be about politics rather than race as is the case with Palin:

There is probably nothing that can be done about the man with the sign n his yard. But the college students can suffer reasonable consequences. Temporary suspensions fall short of that.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Read this article Rev...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iEyLuiVkdd-f1RM5wnoR0kF4WbvgD94FI48G0

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Kind of hard to understand your [opinion] {edited by C4K}, I think it shows the nation isn't as far along racially as we thought. However, 85% of the white democrats along with 8% of white republicans voted for him so we're not as far behind as these hate acts might seem. I think this stuff just justifies the need for affirmative action as it seems everyone is isn't color blind.

#11 LeBuick, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I made no attempt to justify anything and your post has been reported

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ok, but not sure why my post was reported. I was just speaking to your post...

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The gent do got a good point, here.

Ed

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sorry... that just doesn't line up with what you responded to. So what exactly were you referring to that I was trying to "justify"? The context of the post was racism and threats of hanging Obama and his lot.

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Being as you asked, nicely ---

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20081031/news_1n31effigy.html

Maybe its just me, and I did happen to support the McCain/Palin ticket over the Obama/Biden ticket, but somehow, for the life of me, I see no difference between a 'hanging' of, then Vice-Presidential candidate, Gov. Sarah Palin, and a 'hanging' of then Presidential candidate, Sen. Barak Obama.

Both are nothing less than deplorable, IMO.

Incidentially, for the benefit of any who read this thread, and all who are actually concerned with accuracy, until the Electors actually meet in their states and cast their ballots on Dec. 15, 2008, Sen. Obama is properly not the "President-elect" but should be referred to as the "presumed President-elect". And as of tomorrow, he will actually only be former Senator Obama, and therefore technically only a private citizen, for the next month until Dec. 15, 2008, considering he is resigning his Senate seat effective Nov. 16, 2008.

Ed

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Is the "tag-on" comment of "and his lot" really necessary to the discussion of this thread? I consider that line to be an pejorative insult, at best.

Or should I presume you are including Gov. Sarah Palin in that context, alone with Sen. Barak Obama?

I've already basically said I find "necktie-parties" (which give neckties a 'bad name') deplorable, to say the least. What I do see on this thread, is a published dislike for the individual that "WE, the People" have intended to become our next President, and that God is apparently going to allow, considering that He alone, actually determines who will be our 'king'. (Rom. 13:3; I Tim. 2:2; I Pet. 2:13,17)

I'm pretty sure God was, in no way, taken by surprise, in our 2008 election, frankly.

Ed

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.....................

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It appears you were excusing the OP's article as allegations of racism on the part of the left. This was considering all your post and not simply the one which I responded. I apologize if I was wrong.

I read where one of the people hanging an Obama dummy was black which means this isn't purely racial as it is a divide of ideology. I still remember the black guy who broke down at a McCain rally saying Obama can't win. This is why I gave the demographics from the exit polls to show the ideological as opposed to racial divide. These events will lead to the continuance of affirmative action so I was saying that as a "matter of fact".

If he were, He wouldn't be God... :godisgood:

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what this means

This is what I was saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.