1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama has sliced 16% off of Clinton lead nationally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 31, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Several someones.

His support for Romney and Paul sort of overlap so closely , it's hard to tell where one leaves off and the other takes up.

Ken was pushing Romney before Paul announced , but then Romney actually announced a month after Paul and Paul was giving hints of running a month before he announced.

Now it's on to Obama.

Confusing to say the least.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It wasn't meant as a swipe at anyone. It's been my opinion for a long while (ask PastorSBC) that if you want to come to a political forum and 'beat' people up over their picks and all, and yet they haven't picked anyone at all, I just don't buy it.

There are what 4 candiates that have a shot, and we have heard from each of them enough to know who we would like to vote for. And yet, with the election so close and the number of people so few in the running, some people can't decide?

I just find it odd that people will point out everything that is wrong with a candiate without having one of their own in this stage of the game.

Jamie

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, you have your times all mixed up. I remember that Romney held a huge nationwide fundraiser before there was even a hint of a Ron Paul candidacy.

Besides, I did vote for Ron Paul - who won't be on the November ballot. I fully expect Romney to be out the running for being on the November ballot after next Tuesday.

So since neither one will it be on the November ballot will it be okay with you, carpro, if I support someone other than Paul or Romney in the general election?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul announced Jan. 12, 2007

Romney announced Feb. 13, 2007

Support whoever you like, but your jumping around is confusing, especially when your try to justify it.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mitt Romney formed his exploratory committee on January 3, 2007. He formally announced on February 13, 2007.

Ron Paul formed his exploratory committee on February 19, 2007. He formally announced on March 12, 2007, on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" program.

Therefore, Romney formally announced even before there was any solid reason to think that Paul would run.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand corrected. I didn't notice the source.

http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/120107_ron_paul.html

A New Hope: Ron Paul Announces Run for President
    Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones / Prison Planet | January 12, 2007

Ron Paul's office has confirmed reports that the Texas Congressman is set to run for the 2008 Presidency.

Ok. Now I understand why you were supporting Romney in Dec. '06 before either one of them announced. That clears that up.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

First, a candidate may be in the water before announcing or even formally filing an exploratory committee.

Second, what difference does it make? If Ken wants to change his mind ten times, that's his choice. I find his choice of Obama odd (if he chooses him) because he's at odds with so much of the liberterian principles Ken holds dear (but the FA article and the Pakistan speech were both good). I will say that Obama seems to actually have principles which drives him to run, as opposed to Hillary, who decided to run and then started looking for issues, IMHO.

Third, as to Jamie:
    You don't buy that:
    1) People can be neutral observers?
    2) People can have a healthy distrust, given the wide variety of opinions given by candidates due to the glut of the debates and the fact that this election cycle started in Feb of 2005? :smilewinkgrin: