1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: I'll 'Do Whatever It Takes' to Fix Fiscal Cliff ... Except Negotiate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 29, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I edited my previous response. Is my answer adequate?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they have mentioned more. times than I can count that medicare and medicaid and social security reform must be on the table.

Obama and the Dems have said it is not an option. That is the line in the sand that brings all negotiations to an end. The onus is on Obama and no one else at this point.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Everyone who was in on the political threads knows you're in the bag for Obama. You jumped at his defense often enough.

And no, I won't chase them down now that you've had time to cover your tracks.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much like he is defending him now.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've only heard that Obama has said Social Security is not an option.

Obama insists that tax increases on the wealthy must be part of any deal, even as White House officials concede that government benefit programs will have to be in the package too.

There's a growing consensus among Senate Democrats and the White House that Social Security should be exempt from any deficit-reduction package. But some centrist Democrats in the Senate argue that fellow Democrats must be willing to consider cuts to Medicare and Medicaid in order to get concessions from Republicans on taxes.

"It has to be both — a significant revenue increase as well as spending cuts," said Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., chairman of the Senate Finance Committee.

Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., who is retiring as chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, said rising health care costs in Medicare and Medicaid are helping to drive future spending, making them an essential part of a long-term deficit-reduction package.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/taxes-benefit-cuts-divide-democrats-17824495#.ULfknIba6uM

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm in the bag for Obama? LOL. That would be news to people like LadyEagle, Saturneptune, Arbo, Zaac, preachinjesus, C4K, Crabtownboy, pretty much anybody that posts here daily.

Of course you won't back up your argument with evidence. How inconvenient that would be. Better to just make things up and post them.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when I say that Obama needs to put entitlement programs on the budget cutting table, that is evidence that I support him....Huh....

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are correct. The thing is, if our families spent money the way the government does without a budget, at least at my level of pay, those that depend on me would have gone off the fiscal cliff years ago. What is so puzzling is that each family is in the same boat. For some reason, there is a disconnect between their knowing what it takes to manage family fianances and the voting booth.

Yes, the House itself did pass a budget. The center of the problem with Republicans is the Senate, with Mitch McConnell as their leader. He opposed the election of Rand Paul (our other Senator) a couple of years ago. Also, we could have had two more seats in the Senate from Indiana and Missouri if the nominees for our side had just thought about what they said to the press. These are normally two very conservative states.

It is hard to predict what the next four years holds for us. Only the Lord knows. I have read articles about Obama attempting to get a third term through some process other than amending the Constitution, which is what it would normally take for a President to run for a third term. Amending the Constitution is a very difficult process to get through.

There have been many threads lately about conspiracy theories of one world governments manipulating our elections. I generally have never put much credibility in them, but events of late make one wonder, is there really a center of power manipulating our elections that only gives the appearance of a change. I would have thought if there were, they would have handed this election to Romney. I was quite surprised election night at the result. For a few weeks, it appeared Romney would win with states like Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. In the end, only two states flipped, Indiana and North Carolina. There is no doubt in my mind that Obama could have had a part in altering the numbers in those states. Whether or not it is part of a larger plan, who knows? The bottom line is that the poltical balance of power is pretty much like before the election.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/29/o...-gop-on-tax-hikes-fiscal-cliff/#ixzz2DegMeUMv

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just watched Obama say spending cuts cannot be considered right now. He will be willing to talk about them later next year.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that's stupid of him. OK folks, buckle up, we're going over the fiscal cliff. Move your investments into cash or super safe corporate bond funds until this all blows over.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

What spending cuts?

Tax increases were not limited to the wealthy!

Everything the Republicans pass has to be approved by Harry Reid and Pharaoh Obama!

13. OldRegular

Both Reagan and Bush 41 had experience with the democrats promise to cut spending in return for tax hikes!

14. OldRegular

Some people think the Federal Government is a money tree. They don't understand that the Federal Government has nothing it does not take from the consumer, either as a tax or devalued currency. When people refer to Obama's stash this becomes obvious!

I hope the Republicans put another Senator as minority leader.

I doubt this could happen. We really would see some states seriously considering seceding.

We do know that one of the big backers of Obama is one world advocate George Soros. It makes sense that there are other like minded people behind him. It is a fact that even after 4 years in the presidency very little is really known about the new Pharaoh of the democrats/leftists, Barak Hussein Obama!