1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama is a racist

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, Mar 20, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    7.5 months ago that question was being asked about Senator McCain. It is still 7.5 months to go until November 4.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[Sigh!] Double!

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

These people know that Obama is no racist. This is just one more in a continuing list of things that are being used to disparage him because he is running for president.

Just wait until someone starts digging up dirt on McCain and watch how quickly these same people rush to defend him.

4. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

There is not a person alive on this earth that is NOT a racist! Quit lying...lying is a SIN!!!

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Very low opinion of people there. You may not be lying, but you are sorely misinformed.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Exactly.

Regardless of whom one prefers.

If the upcoming election had been mandated to happen to have been held that 7.5 months ago, there is little question that the Republican Presidential nominee would have been Mayor Guiliani and the Democratic Presidential nominee would have been Senator Clinton. Senator McCain was barely still even on the Republican Party radar screen, fading out in the distance, and the Democrat Party was merely going through the motions until "Super Tuesday" for the inevitable "coronation of Hillary", as one person put it, rudely, who would then 'proceed to trounce Rudy'.

Senator Clinton may yet receive the nomination of her party, although I think the odds are against it, as of today, and I realize one can "never say 'Never!'", but I'd be almost willing "to bet the farm" that the Republican nominee will not be Mayor Guiliani, Gov. Tommy Thompson, Sen. Sam Brownback, Rep. Dr. Ron Paul, or Rep. Tom Tancredo. for four more examples, under any possible scenarios, that could, in any way, develop in the next 7.5 months.

Regardless of what you or I, or anyone else, thinks about any of these individuals, 7.5 months is not a lifetime in politics, as we have just seen, but more like two lifetimes, I'd say.

One more worrisome thing, to me anyway, - We are apparently going to get someone in this office who will have the final responsibility of running a 'business' with an annual budget, and "off-budget" items, of well over $3 Trillion dollars, or more than four times the amout of the annual receipts of Walmart and Exxon/Mobil combined, and where just the the "uncollected taxes", on an annual basis, are nearly equal to the annual receipts of Walmart, and just the employees of the Federal Government, to say nothing of others who receive monies from Uncle Sugar, via entitlements, Social Security, pensions, what have you, exceed the numbers of Walmart, Exxon/Mobil, GM, GE, and AT&T combined, who has never had to take the fiscal responsibility, and balance the checkbook, to so much as run a convenience store.

Ed

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It's good to see you admit your sin of racism. I would never have thought you were a racist, but I will not call you a liar, it's against the rules. :laugh:

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Racist?? Not necessarily sure about Obama. but --

And may I presume that this is a "stereotypical" response of, exactly what?? A _____ !??!!??

(You can fill in the blank, however you choose.)

Ed

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A very poor choice of words.

I am glad that it is March and not late October. :)

10. Magnetic Poles

I don't think he meant "typical" as in "that's the way those white people all are". But it is funny that the folks jumping all over this are the same crowd who give McCain a pass on his poor choice of words about Iran and Al Qaeda. For them, sauce for the goose, sure ain't sauce for the gander! Do I think Obama could have perhaps come up with a better set of words? Sure. Could McCain? No doubt...I think it was just an error in stringing the right words together. . . something President Bush has a major problem with. If you call Obama a racist over this, you must also call McCain an idiot. I don't believe either is true.

#30 Magnetic Poles, Mar 21, 2008
  11. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Only in your dreams my friend...only in your dreams. I am not lying nor am I misinformed! And you can not prove other wise!

12. Magnetic Poles

I do not have to disprove anything. The one making the positive assertion bears the burden of proof. You state that everyone is racist. YOU have the burden to prove that, or else it is just baloney.

For example, I can say you are really a trained monkey in a cowboy suit, but you don't have to disprove it. It is up to me to provide evidence to support my assertion.

#32 Magnetic Poles, Mar 21, 2008
  13. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Too bad you are not capable of doing the same.

you might as well since you are thinking it. A sin is a sin.

14. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Whatever you say....you are just as responsible since use chose to refute!

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. It was just a poor choice of words.

16. Magnetic Poles

Now you are just showing more ignorance. Obviously, you never took a class in rules of logic. You made a claim...back it up or admit you are full of bull.

17. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

I will leave that to the master!

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Now you claim the ability to read minds. :laugh:

Oops, sorry about that last thought. :laugh:

19. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Laugh all you wish, God still loves you and so do I!

20. Magnetic Poles

So, you make a BS claim, and run from it. You have admitted you have no backing for you assertion.

I could assert there are ice eating, invisible hippos living on Pluto. You can't disprove it, so they do exist! :laugh: