1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama is not a Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mandym, Mar 2, 2012.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Actually, you could not be more wrong. The Bible has quite a few examples of what we will discover once we arrive on the other side, starting with God's "very good" creation in the first two chapters of Genesis. We find those scenes played out again in Revelation, including the tree of life.

We also see the New Jerusalem described in some detail including measurements and gates, and the gates indicate traffic in and out. Furthermore, we are told of roads paved with gold, which indicate a need for such. If we dig deeper into the Scriptures, we find the lion laying with the lamb, and a child playing with a cobra. That certainly is not an earthly view, but rather a prophecy of what WILL be one day when the curse of sin is removed and we return to Paradise lost.

We also see that there is work, there are "kings" who report to God, and that there are relationships where we know each other, and love everyone.

There will be music, time (visions of eternity constantly say "after this" and the tree of life is portrayed as having fresh fruit every month for those who eat it in that month, all of which indicate time), and of course, the presence of God, the angelic realm, and the Creatures of which we only get glances from afar in Scripture, but which are certainly real. Add to this food and eating, a table set for the bridal feast, clothing, and you start to fill out quite a picture of eternity, and that is just a cursory glance through the Scriptures on the issue.

The big idea is that God originally designed what He intended for the relational home of humans and Himself, and though that design was warped and cursed by sin, God's original plan WILL come about, for who can thwart Him? Answer -- NO ONE!

Don't know about you, but I am sure looking forward to that day!

2. billwald

billwald New Member

No challenges? No useful work? No sex life? Sounds like hell.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

There will be useful work. There will be challenges of life. Sex, probably not, but something better to replace it.

Otherwise, you are welcome to simply disavow God and miss the opportunity if that is what turns you on. But I doubt that is what you want. I expect that you REALLY want to please yourself and dictate to God what utter and complete joy really means.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Pretty rash statement from a Christian hoping for Heaven? Unless I have you wrong bill?

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

You may indeed have him wrong. Sounds fairly carnal to me.

6. targus

targus New Member

Pretty much sums up your retirement years too. :laugh:

7. billwald

billwald New Member

My sex life is fine, my challenge is to harass you all without getting banned from BB.

I trust God to do what is right. I don't worry about things out of my control such as social activites in Heaven.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I will tell you exactly what one point is. Many, no a majority on this board, have flapped their jaws for four years about Obama and him not being a Christian. On the surface, I agree with this, and would never vote for Obama. However, these same people will turn right around and pull that lever for Romney, an avid non-Christian, and a proven liar on issues such as abortion, gay rights, health care, and gun control. No one pays any attention to his record in Massachusttes. It is very obvious this man has no moral character, and uses the blood of innocent children to pander for votes. It is beyond me how any Christian could vote for such a man. Believe it or not, the Lord is not a member of the Republican Party. It is my hope that the Republicans nominate someone besides Romney (a hat rack would be better) or some how, some way, a third party emerges that can beat both Obama and Romney.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

One good thing about heaven, we will not have to look at Romney's pasted on smile every day. I doubt he will be anywhere around for HNN (Heavenly News Network) to cover.