1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama is Not Just Disappointing; He's ALSO Very Disappointed!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 12, 2010.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Read the context - if Obama is a baby killer [RD2's statement] for not stopping abortion than so is every other president for none have stopped it.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies and his statement is absurd. But it is better to just disagree than to make statements saying "I agree" when you do not actually agree.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for that rev.

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I am amazed that an American would advocate this.

I am saddened that a christian would do so.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I wouldn't take it literally

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for the SHOCK-Therapy, But, I Wanted Your Attention:

Sure my thoughts to take the terrorist out behind the woodshed and execute them is "shocking and highly absurd." But, so is the mind set to "read them their rights" and hold a criminal trial, and put them in our overcrowded American prisons, possibly on death row, while the ACLU fights to get those death sentences overturned!

We are at war. These terrorists are at war with us, and they deserve to be treated as such. If that means locking them in a POW camp until the war is ended, than so be it. If the war goes beyond their life time and ours, then they sit, rot and die in the POW camp. If we choose to execute them through a military tribunal, than execute by firing squad, like in our past wars.

We have enough prisons filled with Americans, who have their civil rights guaranteed to them by our Constitution. We don't have to accord these cut-throat terrorists the same rights. They are prisoners of war, and that is all they are. Lock them up, and toss the keys in a pit, until the war is over.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

#27 Nonsequitur, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  8. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Actually, the statute only authorizes lethal injection. Also, what if they are found not guilty?

9. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Guess they will be released.
    Isn't that what happens to ones who are found innocent?

10. targus

targus New Member

And once found "not guilty" would you then object to sending them back to their countries of origin?

Or would you advocate that we pay off another country to take them to live a resort lifestyle much like Obama did before?

If we don't bring them into the U.S. we can't be forced into letting them stay here if they are found "not guilty".

By bringing them here for trial we set ourselves up for exactly that.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How Many Died at the Hand and Command of God?

For those who are opposed to war and blood-shedding, need I remind you how bloody the Old Testament was. Throughout the OT, God is behind the total destruction of not only the people of other nations, standing as an enemy to Israel, but, the nation and all that it held near and dear to its culture were also destroyed.

God is both a God of Love, a God of Judgment, and a God of Vengeance, and there will be times that God will lead His people into war, and the wars in the OT were bloody and without rules, just as the wars of our last century were.

I believe that we, as a church, and the people of that church, have been called to be a shining light on the hill, however, if we are too afraid to fight the battles laid before us in a way that results in a total victory, than there will be no church to be a light on the hill, because the hill shall be over run by our enemies, and those designated to light the light on the hill will be killed.

I do not pretend to be a physical warrior kind of believer. In fact, I choose first to be a prayer warrior, but, I do know that should I be placed in the position of being killed or killing the person sent to kill me, that person would be dead on the spot. I do not choose to be a martyr, unless being a martyr is what God clearly told me He wanted my life to be used for.

I believe the Bible is clear on the defense of ones life, as well as the "right to take an eye-for-an-eye; and, a life-for-a-life."

The church has become too caught up in the politically correct teachings of a weaken America, and that has to change, and change soon if we are to come out victorious in this battle against terrorism. If that is too harsh for many of you, please accept my condolences, because you will be crushed, and your children will one day worship Allah in Muslim Temples, being built in America's cities...

If you think I'm off base, than look at the OT history where God allowed the enemies of Israel to prevail and take them hostage for decades at a time, before sending them prophets and warriors to lead them to freedom from their conquered nation status once they repented of their sins.

Shining beacons on a hill is the way it should be, but, it is not going to be that way if we are too afraid to defend the hill the beacon is set upon!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type: